Leica tripod adapter vs outdoorsman

Has anyone used the outdoorsman bino hand and Leica bino holder? Do you like or dislike either for any specific reasons?

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't pick up either yet but will likely end up with both. I think the Bino Hand is going to be best for me but I dont like that you lose some interpupillary adjustment. I frequently have kids hunting with me that need the adjustment. Leica adapter will be best for them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

coues32

WKR
I have the outdoorsmans bino hand works great, needed it for Zeiss Victory fl, outdoorsmans stud on my old leica 10x42 bn. You need it for rangefinding binos?

I didn't pick up either yet but will likely end up with both. I think the Bino Hand is going to be best for me but I dont like that you lose some interpupillary adjustment. I frequently have kids hunting with me that need the adjustment. Leica adapter will be best for them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Before I would buy both I would get the outdoorsman stud installed and use their Bino adapter.

tdhanses

WKR
Before I would buy both I would get the outdoorsman stud installed and use their Bino adapter.

Having done both I wouldn’t recommend the stud over the bino hand, both work well and in my experience the stud isn’t worth the added costs.

OP
MuleyFever
I have the outdoorsmans bino hand works great, needed it for Zeiss Victory fl, outdoorsmans stud on my old leica 10x42 bn. You need it for rangefinding binos?

Yes for Geovids. I like the smaller size of the bino hand over the Leica. Looks like I would make a good rifle rest of the tripod too.

Having done both I wouldn’t recommend the stud over the bino hand, both work well and in my experience the stud isn’t worth the added costs.
For me the stud install made sense in my els. I have the screw in stud in my 15x hds and the bino adapter I keep in the front pocket of my marsupial harness.

tdhanses

WKR
For me the stud install made sense in my els. I have the screw in stud in my 15x hds and the bino adapter I keep in the front pocket of my marsupial harness.

But....still cost more then the bino hand. And you can’t put the stud on your next bino when you upgrade.

coues32

WKR
I have have 12 els, 15hd,8x32 els,10x42 leica bn all with studs installed, can run all with their adapter, best set up out there.