Leica ultravid hd vs hd+

golfbum

WKR
Looking at picking up a pair of Leica 10x42’s or 50s.

Anyone have any info on the difference between these two?

Are the plus model worth the extra coin?

Thoughts on these vs others in that range??

El’s,slc,Zeiss ht?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The optical difference with the Plus model has a great deal to do with how acute your vision is, IMO, as to whether or not you'll see a significant difference.

We have Leica 10x42 and 10x50 demos which would save you some $$$ and still come with a Leica warranty

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Thank you Doug. I could never tell ANY difference between the Ultravids and the HD+. Noctovids I could definitely see a difference between that and my Ultravids.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Thanks for the heads up!

How do these compare to the SLC and do your demos show much wear or tear?

jg1418

Lil-Rokslider
Bought 2 demo Leica HD binos off Doug. They looked like brand new. Great service from Cameraland. Amazing binos!!

I have a pair of 10 x 50 Ultravids that are in excellent shape I may be parting with if you are interested. Includes box .

Tyler455

Lil-Rokslider
The optical difference with the Plus model has a great deal to do with how acute your vision is, IMO, as to whether or not you'll see a significant difference.

We have Leica 10x42 and 10x50 demos which would save you some $$$ and still come with a Leica warranty
I don’t have a good grasp as to where Ultravid HD + fit in the hierarchy of performance.
Above SLC?
With EL?

Bkdc

FNG
You won't be able to tell a difference between an Ultravid HD and HD+. It's the difference of 2% light transmission with the Schott HT prism with everything else being the same (except possible coating modifications)..