Leica Ultravid Non-HD vs newer ~$1,000 options?

For those of you who have compared side by side, where would you rank older Leica Ultravids (non HD) in comparison to current $1,000 price point binos (Maven, Meostars, Nikon HG, Conquest HD)?
Are the older ultravids still alpha over the thousand dollar price point glass? Or has this price point caught the older glass?

Thanks!

AGPank

WKR
I have a pair of 8x32 Ultravid. Biggest thing I notice is more chromatic aberration vs the other level binos listed.

I’d say high quality and optical clarity, but I don’t think I’d value them over $1,000 due to current competition.

I read somewhere the non-HD Trinovids with similar body style were optically identical to the non-HD Ultravid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RaggedHunter
AGPank, Thanks for the insight. I've read that about the older model trinovids also.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For those of you who have compared side by side, where would you rank older Leica Ultravids (non HD) in comparison to current $1,000 price point binos (Maven, Meostars, Nikon HG, Conquest HD)?
Are the older ultravids still alpha over the thousand dollar price point glass? Or has this price point caught the older glass?

Thanks!

Just a heads up, we have some demos of the older model 10x42 Trinovids on the way in. Those of you who are interested give me or Neil a call, 516-217-1000
Doug

There was a review on this site a while back comparing the Nikon HG to the Meopta, and I have to agree with their conclusion that the HGs are simply the best glass I the $1k price range.

Looked through the HGs recently while I was out shopping for a new spotter, and they simply blew me away. Currently own Leica Trinovids, Zeiss Classic and Victory SF, and Maven B2. Would say the only binos better then the HGs are alpha glass from the top three.

If choosing between non-HD Ultravids and the HGs I’d do a side-by-side comparison before buying. Would expect the HGs to be brighter, with better edge-edge image & FOV, and better handling. The Ultravids color-trueness is amazing, a very crisp center-image, and built much more rugged than the HGs.