leica warranty/service for used optics

Xfactor

FNG
looking for any feedback on Leica warranty. Im looking at purchasing used geovid range finding binos, wondering what experiences you may have had with service? would like to hear the good and the bad please.

thanks in advance!

tdhanses

WKR
It’s great! Last year my geovids wouldn’t range far when below freezing, they replaced it with a new unit.

Don’t go by experiences that are older, Leica has really improved their customer service and in my experience is as good as Swaro in this dept now.

338edge

Lil-Rokslider
I had to send my Geovids 2200 in twice this year for laser not working. After a discussion with Hamilton they ended up sending me a set of the new 3000 Geovids at no cost to me.

Corey

OP
X

Xfactor

FNG
thanks guys!

were you original purchasers of the optics with valid warranty cards etc? im looking at a set of used binos...

tdhanses

WKR
I was but don’t feel that was an issue, they didn’t require proof of purchase if I remember correctly but I also registered it right away as I do all optics. You can always call them and ask.

Get the serial number from the seller before you buy, if the seller will not provide don’t buy. Also contact Doug at cameralandny as he has had the Hd-b 2200 for less then $1500 and the hd-r for around $1000, they are demos but it’s a trusted seller and good deal on barely touched optics.

I do wonder how it works if the original buyer never register them as the electronics warranty is for a limited time but some have had new replacements given even after this period is up.

Last edited:
We at Leica most certainly honor a transferable warranty.

Go for the used set and enjoy!

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Catlin Brewer

Broomd

WKR
Good question. I wasn't aware of any Leica optic with a 'transferrable warranty' to another owner. Could you articulate, Catlin?

kcm2

WKR
I have had one experience with Leica's warranty and customer service Without getting into specifics, they went an order of magnitude beyond what I expected. Catlin Brewer is spot on.