Leica warranty work

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used Leica for warranty work? I'm considering a pair of binos and wanted to hear first hand experience using them. I have used swaro for warranty work, they were great and reasonably priced for replacing lenses. Also have used Leupold and they were easy to use. Just wanted some info on Leica before I bite the bullet.

Legend

WKR
I have been impressed. Sent my ultravids in to get an off season check up and they came back with a lot of new parts. The only thing I could recognize as mine was the main frame. Can't get any better in my opinion.

golfbum

WKR
From reading lots of reviews......

It seems very hit and miss. Some have wonderful experiences and others not so much.

For what it is worth, I have called no less then 10 times (during normal business hours) with 3 messages left in the last 3 weeks to check on a set I wanted. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone or get a call back.

That would not happen with swaro or vortex.

It’s a shame cause I love their glass!!!

OP
Smokey12

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I have heard bad reviews as well about just getting someone on the phone..thanks

Achigan1

Lil-Rokslider
I have an ER scope in there now - email inquiry got a return form the next day, an email when it arrived and another when it left headed overseas for repair.
So far so good - just had the same thing with a warranty repair on a Swaro Z6i and so far I’d say service is comparable.
Time will tell.

From reading lots of reviews......

It seems very hit and miss. Some have wonderful experiences and others not so much.

For what it is worth, I have called no less then 10 times (during normal business hours) with 3 messages left in the last 3 weeks to check on a set I wanted. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone or get a call back.

That would not happen with swaro or vortex.

It’s a shame cause I love their glass!!!

I would send them an email with:

Name
Address
Phone Number
Email

Serial Number
Model
Nature of issue

If you're calling them and not getting through to a person, it's probably because they're busy calling back people who left 3 voicemails.

golfbum

WKR
I would send them an email with:

Name
Address
Phone Number
Email

Serial Number
Model
Nature of issue

If you're calling them and not getting through to a person, it's probably because they're busy calling back people who left 3 voicemails.

3 voicemails with no return call in a month 3-4 week span is far from excessive.

to each their own, but a phone call to swaro or vortex would result in a return call.

Their service is lacking......shame cause their optics are great.

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I had some problems with some spotting scopes and Jeannine at Leica was very good, and responsive for me.

3 voicemails with no return call in a month 3-4 week span is far from excessive.

to each their own, but a phone call to swaro or vortex would result in a return call.

Their service is lacking......shame cause their optics are great.

The thing about phone calls is that if you're taking a phone call, you can't address any other issues.

Meanwhile you can answer an email in a minute.

Achigan1

Lil-Rokslider
Follow up - I got my ER back and it's perfect. Front lens was replaced. Email communication was very good.

FWIW the Swaro made it back as well with no issues - both were gone around 90 days I think.