Leofoto SA-324CL+MA-30 or SA-364C+MA-30

TheAngler

FNG

Has anybody purchased one of these? I am interested in if they bought the SA-324CL or the SA-3654C and quality of the MA-30 head. It seems like a copy of the RRS tripod but less than half the price...

Thanks,
Benjamin

I’ve got the 324 after a guy recommended as the budget tripod that was usable. It’s better than I thought it would be. Stable, but light enough to carry in the field. It’s less than four pounds. I was able to keep my groups under 2” at 100 when my normal groups off a bipod and bag with that rifle are well under a inch. I don’t think I will use it enough to justify a RRS and if I do eventually get one, I can sell it to a buddy to get them in the game. I am a surveyor and use heavy quality tripods everyday and I like what I see with this one.

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Leofoto LS-325C tripod with their BH-40 ball head. No experience with the MA-30 head. Quality on the tripod has been good. I previously had an ultralight Field Optics Research tripod and I think the Leofoto is a significant step up in quality. Still not quite up to RRS quality from what I’ve heard, but it’s close.

I use mine for my hunting, range shooting, and also for work: glassing and as a shooting platform for my 10-12 lbs hunting rifles and my 18 lbs work rifle. It’s been doing a pretty damn good job. I’d love to own an RRS setup, but even if I had the $1500 in hand right now, RRS can’t help me. You can have a Leofoto delivered by next week.

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't ran either one of those exact models. I do have a few leofot o tripods/ball head combos. The 404 with lh55 ballhead, it's about 10lbs. Way to heavy to haul, used in prs comps. I have a 284 with lh30 ballhea d for hunting, a little over 3lbs and very pack friendly. I've beat the hell out of the 404 for several years with no issues.

dmcp

FNG
Did you end up getting either of these? I am looking at the exact same two.

ID_Matt

WKR
Granted, they are a direct copy of the RRS, they are awesome for the money. You won't be disappointed in the head. It is great for shooting and manageable for glassing. Comparing to my RRS, they are not quite as smooth, but very close. The 324CL legs are a good mix between weight and stability if you want a tripod to hunt with.

dmcp

FNG
Granted, they are a direct copy of the RRS, they are awesome for the money. You won't be disappointed in the head. It is great for shooting and manageable for glassing. Comparing to my RRS, they are not quite as smooth, but very close. The 324CL legs are a good mix between weight and stability if you want a tripod to hunt with.
So you think the 324cl is sturdy enough to shoot from? No need to got to a 364cl?

ID_Matt

WKR
So you think the 324cl is sturdy enough to shoot from? No need to got to a 364cl?
Yes, I do. 364 is going to be more stable but at a weight penalty. The 324 works great for sitting, kneeling, and some standing. It gets a touch wobbly standing. If you aren't concerned with weight or size, get the 364.