Let see your best camp photos!

Another solo trip to our local sea islands last night. Hunted squirrel for supper and had a relaxing trip on a chilly night (26 degrees). Crystal clear skies made it awesome.

Magic Carpet SMALL.jpg

Rolling out. This part is only a bit over a mile on a little trail behind those trees.
1 Rolling In.jpg

My camp is on a tiny little island on the Dawho River, a brackish estuary.
The Island.jpg

Now discontinued, the little REI Passage II was the best $99 I spent on a tent in a while. Not for long backpack hikes (almost 5 pounds with footprint), still reasonably lightweight, durable, and loads of room for a solo camper. Also completely rectangular, so you can swap ends inside if you need to.
Camp Set Up.jpg

Organic, free range squirrel. I was looking pretty hard as the sun was setting and seeing nothing when I heard a little chewing sound. Walked up to a tree and this little guy came around from the back side and posed for me. Least suffering death he could have possibly had in nature (head shot).
Dinner.jpg

Little Helinox Zero chair is excellent kit. Right at one pound. Expensive, but with this first camping evaluation I declare it worth every penny. Beats sitting on a pad any day.
My Camp.jpg

Breaded and fried in olive oil. I like squirrel as much as chicken. Great food on a cold night. Palm frond plate worked perfectly.
Free Range Organic.jpg

33F degrees. Peppermint tea and a Snickers for dessert. Red cedar fire burning my boots. :giggle:
Drying Out My Boots Drinking Hot Tea.jpg

Last edited:

KSK

FNG
Cabela's 12x12 Alaknak. I have the vestibule, but did not have it on in that photo.

rayporter

WKR
i would share a camp with any of you guys------even the ones on a 45 degree slope.
qM3LukY.jpg

arkansas
Q75d0Tu.jpg

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
Home at 10,000 feet for a week last year. Big Agnes Jackrabbit SL4 was a bit overkill for 2 guys, but nice to have the extra space. The Chair Zeros are worth the 1lb penalty after a long day hiking.

Attachments

• IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    557.3 KB · Views: 142