Let the custom or semi custom build commence!

tdhanses

WKR
If I did my research right, Rem factory is 1 1/16-16 thread size and LPA website says actions are that size too. I could be wrong, but I emailed them earlier today, to verify before I purchased one.
I know when I talked to carbonsix, they do not thread for LPA actions, something about a thread pitch of b vs a or something.

OP
RyanM

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
I know when I talked to carbonsix, they do not thread for LPA actions, something about a thread pitch of b vs a or something.
Hmm..maybe I’ll call them both to triple check before I order one.

OP
RyanM

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
Adj cheek adds 10oz per their specs. My gun ends up weighing heavy due to the 30” c6 Bull barrel. I’m 12lb on the nose scoped with arc rings and a 7-35 Mark 5hd. It’s basically a flag pole, but man does it shoot.
That’s a stout rifle. Lol a shooter I’m sure, sounds like a good setup.

Take a look at the Allterra (formerly Axial) carbon stocks. I have one on a Tikka and I really like it for a hunting stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven’t decided on an action yet the Mack brothers stainless actions run $600 and are trued and blueprinted. Don’t see paying to true a 700 unless it has sentimental value

Last edited:
Depending on who accurizes the action you should have a perfectly accurate action. We accurize all the factory actions that we get in the shop. We barrel them and they all shoot exceptionally well. I have many Rem 700s that we have accursed and they shoot 1/4 with good load development. Just built a 338 edge with a proof research barrel and McMillan stock.