Let The Workouts Begin!!!

Peloton HIIT and intervals for me. I try to do at least 45 minutes 3+ times per week. I have done much better than that lately. I need to lay off the chips and salsa plus sweets though.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Nice, I start my Pack Training tomorrow! (May 1st) I will still run at least one day a week & pack train 3 days a week along with my normal weight training 3 days a week at home. I find staying in ElkShape is easier than getting into elkshape!

ElkNut

Going to try to hike with weight as often as possible. There's a mountain right near me in phoenix that's about a mile to the top with 1100 feet of elevation gain. The goal is to be able to carry 100 lbs to the top 3 times in a week before the end of the summer.

Elk97

WKR
Looks like it's going to be a struggle for me to get ready. Had an MRI of my back and have a badly herniated disc that's causing a lot of weakness in my left leg. Neurosurgeon says it will get better without surgery, but it might take two years to get back to normal. Supposed to do knee bends on both legs and chart the difference, 24 left - 100+ right. Good news is that the 24 is up from 18 a few days ago. If anyone knows of any great elk hunting areas in SW MT where there are no hills feel free to shoot me a PM :))

slimbo

FNG
I don’t like to work out before hunting. Keeps me moving slow so I don’t spook animals. And makes the pack out more memorable.

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it's going to be a struggle for me to get ready. Had an MRI of my back and have a badly herniated disc that's causing a lot of weakness in my left leg. Neurosurgeon says it will get better without surgery, but it might take two years to get back to normal. Supposed to do knee bends on both legs and chart the difference, 24 left - 100+ right. Good news is that the 24 is up from 18 a few days ago. If anyone knows of any great elk hunting areas in SW MT where there are no hills feel free to shoot me a PM :))

Sorry to hear that, but you can come back from it!

I ruptured a disc in my low back at 19, bad enough I couldn’t walk from the pain. For 10+ years it would flare up at least once a year and I’d be in pain for several months or more. However I’m 34 now and in the best shape of my life and have had 1 flare up in 4 years, which last a couple weeks. Working out religiously, stretching and staying active every day was the game changer. Best of luck in your recovery.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
last Thursday and Friday in the Bob- about 15 miles on snowshoes

RzJgdXt.png

NRODPTO.jpg

U90MvWg.jpg

Scoot

WKR
My goodness, some of you guys are animals!!! I'm plugging along with my 30-40 minute cardio (mostly bike, but my knee is cooperating now so I can start doing treadmill an some actual running) per day 5x/week. I'll do this all year and add in some additional running, biking, and pack workouts during the summer. I plan to be ready by September!

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
In addition to my 3x a week lifts and 3-5x a week run/bike I have 220 feet of stairs at the plant I now work at calling my name multiple times a day.

bozeman

WKR
I feel you, MichaelO, my office is UP 33 stairs in our factory, which I go up/down at least 15X day.....helps keep me rolling!!

Beendare

WKR
This one’s for you Paul-grin
It seems to me you used to be a mason.

it’s fun waking up in the morning and you can’t form a fist.
7D0CE0F8-48D0-4490-9343-DF42BFE52165.jpeg
I need to be out humping the hills but instead I need to finish my yard For summer. I should have just used my Mason but he is buried.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Yes sir, that's me! I think once a mason always a mason! (grin) Looks like you have your work cut out for you, looking good!

ElkNut

Btaylor

WKR
This one’s for you Paul-grin
It seems to me you used to be a mason.

it’s fun waking up in the morning and you can’t form a fist.
View attachment 288558
I need to be out humping the hills but instead I need to finish my yard For summer. I should have just used my Mason but he is buried.
That looks like an epic suckfest. Bet it's nice when it's done though.