let's discuss your folding knife. the one with you Right now :D

BuckSnort

WKR
Nothing fancy just a small browning that my dad bought me 17 years ago on our way to Utah for an elk hunt.. I have always preferred a small blade for gutting an animal and with a 2" bade this one is easy to get razor sharp and is always in my pocket except when I lost it in the snow 8 years ago, luckily I found it the next spring..One day I'll get around to replacing/fixing the handle..

Attachments

• IMG-5249.JPG
    IMG-5249.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-5250.JPG
    IMG-5250.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 37
Skunt a many squirrel rabbit deer. Castrated 4x as many Calves and trimmed 100's of cow tails. Been a goodn
151c386157cecb736b574239f4dc4ae5.jpg

EmperorMA

WKR
My EDC is a Spyderco Para 3 in S30V. Great knife that has a strong blade for tough jobs and a sensible size.

If I’m wearing slacks or thin shorts, Spyderco Dragonfly 2 in VG10. Surprisingly good ergonomics and way more useful than its size would indicate.

If I’m doing something outdoors that may involve getting near water or prepping food, I carry my Spyderco PM2 in S110V. It is my favorite folder.

If I’m hunting or outdoors in a dry climate, I like to carry my Benchmade Onslaught Mini. Great shape if you need to skin a rabbit.

I still believe the Spyderco Delica is the GOAT in the EDC folder world, though. It’s as close to perfect as it gets for almost anyone.

mcseal2

WKR
When I carry a folder it's been a ZT 452 CF. I bought one before the AK trip last fall and really got to liking it. I like a bigger folder and this is the lightest bigger knife I've liked. The steel has held an edge extremely well and been pretty easy to touch up. On the AK trip wearing waders I didn't want to have a fixed blade knife on my belt like I often do hunting. The blade shape is really similar to the Benchmade Saddle Mountain Hunter I have when I laid them side by side.

If I need to pack a smaller folder it's a Benchmade I think called the Emissary with a 3" S30V blade.

Working on the ranch it's usually a small 3-4" fixed blade and a Leatherman wave. I use a Pine Ridge knife when riding on my left side in the angled sheath in case I need it to cut clear of a rope. A lot of the time if I won't be horseback I carry an Esee JG3 or a Harvey King personal on my right side. Being right handed it's just handier having it there. I use a knife a lot on a daily basis.

For cutting round bales I've been keeping a Outdoor Edge razor lite knife in the truck. A ceramic steel touches the blade right back up so I don't have to switch blades if I do that every so often. It saves some abuse on the better knives.

Baron85

WKR
One of my favorite edc knives. ZT0630. Strong lock up and blade but good grind that still slices and cuts well. I use my knives multiple times daily at work and have come to appreciate quality steel. I also have multiple spyderco and Benchmade folders I rotate through but this is my favorite edc during the work week. I also daily a leatherman wave.

Attachments

• 8E81ECCE-EC75-4FDC-8953-719A5B352BD0.jpeg
    8E81ECCE-EC75-4FDC-8953-719A5B352BD0.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 32

EmperorMA

WKR
UPDATE: Since I found out that Benchmade is anti-hunting, anti-2A and anti-American, I threw the Benchmade Onslaught I used to own into a dumpster. I think that was way too good a death for it.

Boycott Benchmade.

Baron85

WKR
UPDATE: Since I found out that Benchmade is anti-hunting, anti-2A and anti-American, I threw the Benchmade Onslaught I used to own into a dumpster. I think that was way too good a death for it.

Boycott Benchmade.

Where did you hear that? Not saying your wrong but would like to read the facts on that.

I have carried a leatherman tool since I was a kid. It never leaves my side unless I am flying in an airplane.

EmperorMA

WKR
Where did you hear that? Not saying your wrong but would like to read the facts on that.
All over the media. They are cutting up guns in their factory for the government under the guise of “helping the police.”

renagde

WKR

Boycott Benchmade.

All over the media. They are cutting up guns in their factory for the government under the guise of “helping the police.”

Read the facts instead of jumping to stupid conclusions like the liberal media wants you to. Benchmade is not anti gun and not anti 2A. Laws in Oregon require guns that have been seized for evidence, or guns that have been turned in to be destroyed. Unlike other states Oregon cannot sell them. However, if there's anyone still out there that thinks Benchmade is a terrible business, please PM me for my address. I'd be more than happy to dispose of that Benchmade for you.

On a different note, I'm carrying a Emerson CQC-10

EmperorMA

WKR
Read the facts instead of jumping to stupid conclusions like the liberal media wants you to. Benchmade is not anti gun and not anti 2A. Laws in Oregon require guns that have been seized for evidence, or guns that have been turned in to be destroyed. Unlike other states Oregon cannot sell them. However, if there's anyone still out there that thinks Benchmade is a terrible business, please PM me for my address. I'd be more than happy to dispose of that Benchmade for you.

On a different note, I'm carrying a Emerson CQC-10
The facts are this: there is no law in Oregon which requires Benchmade to destroy guns. Benchmade has chosen to.

Benchmade can make a statement about Oregon’s law requiring the destruction of firearms and new, strict anti-2A laws in the works under the state legislature, but it chooses not to.

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
Zt 350 is in my pocket most days. Sadly I work 1 block from Kershaw and have front door access to their yearly warehouse sale. Everyone year I buy way too many and every male in the family gets one for Christmas and birthdays.