Let's have your best asparagus recipe.

Buy asparagus about 1/4" thick and and not the mini tree stumps.

Throw rib eyes on the grill. When it comes time to flip them, that is when you put the asparagus on the grill.

Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil; my asparagus goes on a veggie griller plate. Give it a couple of cranks of sea salt and a few cranks of fresh black powder. Close the grill lid. About 3 minutes later rotate the asparagus for even cooking. As soon as the asparagus starts to bend, pull it and the steaks off the grill.

Simple, easy, and yummy.

Wapiti1

WKR
Favorite is grilled with garlic and a dash of salt and vinegar. Also like it chopped fresh added to rice or salad for some crunch. Soup is another we do a lot with it.

Jeremy

Favorite is to pick and eat in the garden. Milder and sweeter when it is that fresh.

Store bought gets the evoo salt and garlic treatment, grilled or sautéed al dente.

Asparagus stays fresh in the fridge longer if you store it upright standing in a quarter in of water and loosely covered.

keller

WKR
All methods are good. I like making it into a casserole with ham,rice,and cheddar cheese

Blanch the spears and then fry in butter and more sea salt.

Process: ice cubes and water in a big bowl. set aside. Boil the spears in salted water for 2-4 minutes depending on thickness. Small guys 2 min big guys 4 min. remove and place spears in the ice bath for a few minutes to stop the cook. Remove spears from ice bath and pat dry with a towel. Fire up your cast iron medhigh heat drop your butter in then the spears. shake around a bit and then crack some sea salt over top. Fry until they are browned a little bit. I like my spears firm but not crunchy.

The key is blanching because it takes that firmness away in the middle just enough...grilling spears straight up they are not really ever done in the middle.

Tod osier

WKR
We have been doing it this way for years and it is very good. Toss in oil and lemon with quite a bit of crushed garlic. Put on a sheet tray or big bowl, liberally salt and pepper. Add zest from the lemon and pecorino Romano or parm. Grill or broil, make sure the asparagus and cheese get some serious color.

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
salt pepper and evoo onto the grill. brushed with a lttle garlic butter. Real stuff IE double boiler with maybe 50/50 garlic and butter.

Rake

FNG
Like a lot of you guys, brushed with olive oil but then seasoned with Cajun seasoning, grilled until crispy.

cman79

FNG
Pretty basic cast iron pan w butter, salt & pepper. Or if were grilling some with olive oil in a grill basket. Between me and the kids we fight over it. Its been a good year for the garden, but its starting to slow down already.

Azone

WKR
Bacon wrapped bundles of 6 to 8 spears drizzled with olive oil to get salt, black pepper and garlic powder to stick. Occasionally I will hit them with paprika and a little cumin or onion powder just to change things up a bit. Throw them on the pit and baste a couple of times with a white wine and and garlic butter concoction that my wife and I make. I cook them till the asparagus is slightly wilted and the bacon is still a little pliable. If your using baby spears get the thinnest bacon you can find, if using bigger to almost giant size spears you can get away with thick cut bacon.