Lets Hear It: George Floyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
More white guys unarmed were killed by cops last year than black guys unarmed.

Fact.
WTF? From a strictly numbers game you're probably right but wow.....

Think I'm done reading this thread...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jfs82

WKR
From where I’m sitting right now, all that BS may as well be happening on a different continent. I think that his killing was absolutely unjustified, and it may be because he was black, which is also a total outrage, but I also think that if the same thing would have happened to a white person, we would not be still hearing about it in the news today, because there wouldn’t be all this nonsense happening. The right to protest and speak out about things that we feel are wrong is part of being an American, as well it should be, but when you start looting, burning businesses, burning police vehicles, etc., it’s gone way too far, and it no longer is what America is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree and disagree with this, it's awful, and it's what is so damned hard about the situation. Of course it's awful but the if 60+ years of protest didn't change much... (then angry revolt is exactly what America did when in this same situation in it's infancy) you can sorta get where at least some people step up the protest.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
More white guys unarmed were killed by cops last year than black guys unarmed.

Fact.

Interesting that you know that. Suspect that your racist information source is spouting that now to try to show that there is no such thing as racism.

Oregon

WKR
Was it at the same 6.5:1 (or however close it is to that) ratio that the population differences?

Well, does that make a difference?? Does it make a difference about ratio of violent crimes committed? Does it make a difference on anything???

Seriously, it was awful. Awful things happen to every color.

Oregon

WKR
Interesting that you know that. Suspect that your racist information source is spouting that now to try to show that there is no such thing as racism.

Yep. Got me pegged. Try google. Google is a known racist machine.

Why everybody mad that more unarmed white people were killed by police than black???

Minneapolis felon cop is not being made excuses for. He’s a dirt bag murderer.

Let’s just agree we should burn down and loot every Target for all unjustified police deaths. I’m in.
Who else??

jfs82

WKR
Well, does that make a difference?? Does it make a difference about ratio of violent crimes committed? Does it make a difference on anything???

Seriously, it was awful. Awful things happen to every color.
Clearly not to you, but I'm sure it does to a lot of people. And that's not meant as a slight, your opinion is yours, I'm just saying yes, it does matter to plenty of people.

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah, the Washington Post showing the FBI statistics on police involved deaths, most racist news organization in the world! I love people who think facts are racist. My daughter and I were having a conversation about this last night so we looked it up. Does that make me a racist too?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oregon

WKR
Yeah, the Washington Post showing the FBI statistics on police involved deaths, most racist news organization in the world! I love people who think facts are racist. My daughter and I were having a conversation about this last night so we looked it up. Does that make me a racist too?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, according to about 4 of these posters. Yes.
evil person you

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Got me pegged. Try google. Google is a known racist machine.

Why everybody mad that more unarmed white people were killed by police than black???

Minneapolis felon cop is not being made excuses for. He’s a dirt bag murderer.

Let’s just agree we should burn down and loot every Target for all unjustified police deaths. I’m in.
Who else??

Good point. That's just what everyone here is advocating.

Oregon

WKR
Clearly not to you, but I'm sure it does to a lot of people. And that's not meant as a slight, your opinion is yours, I'm just saying yes, it does matter to plenty of people.

Obvioulsly it matters to all those looters. New shoes, and TV’s will make it right!!! Heck, let’s burn down the sushi joint, book store and church. We’ll show them!!!!

Get a grip.

Scottyboy

WKR
How many of you have heard of Justine Damond? My guess is none of you outside of the twin cities areas.

A while female murdered by a black cop, who happened to be from the same police department that recently had a white cop murder a black guy.

Funny how the media can run with things. Lastly, let me say that I am by no means down playing or dismissing what happened to George or Justine, I just wish he wasn’t passing supposedly fake bills ($) and that Justine kept quite about a reported sexual assault she called in to 911 before being murdered.

If people would put the whole race card aside and see things from every perspective, damn this would be a much nicer place to live. Hopefully NASA calls me back and I will go live on mars and hunt aliens the rest of my time

I agree and disagree with this, it's awful, and it's what is so damned hard about the situation. Of course it's awful but the if 60+ years of protest didn't change much... (then angry revolt is exactly what America did when in this same situation in it's infancy) you can sorta get where at least some people step up the protest.

I guess my point is that, when people start looting, and burning businesses, it has nothing to do with the protests. It is simply an opportunity for those types of thugs to take advantage of a situation. I think racism is probably very strong in this country, and it definitely needs to be dealt with, but people participating in a lot of the BS that is currently going on, has nothing to do with protests or racism, it simply has to do with opportunity.

I live in the minneapolis metro area in the NW suburbs. Last friday i went to CVS to pick up my rx and when I got there a cop car was blocking the partially boarded up entrance that was shattered and looked like looting went on inside..

I've thought about this issue a lot of the past week. Some thoughts:

1. Try though I might, I can't imagine WTF was going through Derek Chauvin's head to stay on the neck of an unconscious man for minutes after he lost consciousness, while handcuffed, with 2 more cops on his back/legs.
    1. was he frozen in defiance of the onlookers demanding he get off?
  2. I wish people would look at this in more depth than picking a shallow tribe and bunching others into one side as either being a looting/rioting cop killer vs racist oppressor
    1. It really damn sad to see people use the chaos to justify negative attitudes towards blacks or to see a death (that isn't proven to be racially motivated) used to justify violence against public servants and vandalism/violence
  3. My gut reaction has historically been that black "oppression" in modern times is over sold and it seemed like lies were used in narratives like the "hands up, dont shoot" in Ferguson.
  4. If we're honest, it would be damn hard to be a cop in the urban neighborhoods dealing with the terrible life situations and not form some kind of bias, whether subconscious or not. I dont know how to reconcile this beyond having to be very conscious about your thoughts and actions rather than just trying to justify them.
  5. This issue and hearing stories from black friends has made me think about things and read more. I didn't recall ever learning anything about the FBI's efforts to undermine the civil rights movement. About the great lengths they went to promote the images of black leaders as violent extremists. About the phone tapping, the tip offs, the assassinations by the FBI and Police forces. I didn't think about how this had formed white perception of blacks for decades since.
  6. I saw people asking, would you freely trade the way you are treated now for how you would be treated if you were black. A handful of circumstances came to mind where I know for damn sure I wouldn't want to trade my known experience for the experience I might have got if I were black:
    1. In my traffic stops, minor infractions with cops, like the time in high school i was chased and caught by cops at a house party
    2. Meeting the cute white girl's dads I've been taken home to
    3. During job interviews
    4. That time in college when I was blacked out and walked into and passed out in a stranger's apartment that was next to my friend's
    5. The countless doors I've knocked on to ask for permission to hunt
  7. Regardless of anything else, the stuff I talked about in #5 and 6 above is not right. We shouldn't be OK with it. And we should be conscious of it and confront it in our thoughts and actions.
  8. Motherfockers looting and stealing stuff need to be held accountable. MPLS mayor is softer than babyshit.

Oregon

WKR
How many of you have heard of Justine Damond? My guess is none of you outside of the twin cities areas.

A while female murdered by a black cop, who happened to be from the same police department that recently had a white cop murder a black guy.

Funny how the media can run with things. Lastly, let me say that I am by no means down playing or dismissing what happened to George or Justine, I just wish he wasn’t passing supposedly fake bills ($) and that Justine kept quite about a reported sexual assault she called in to 911 before being murdered.

If people would put the whole race cars aside and see things from every perspective, damn this would be a much nicer place to live. Hopefully NASA calls me back and I will go live on mars and hunt aliens the rest of my time

He wasn’t black(African American) he was Somali American. Apparently there is a difference in MSM. Hahaha

jfs82

WKR
Obvioulsly it matters to all those looters. New shoes, and TV’s will make it right!!! Heck, let’s burn down the sushi joint, book store and church. We’ll show them!!!!

Get a grip.
What do I need a grip of?
I guess my point is that, when people start looting, and burning businesses, it has nothing to do with the protests. It is simply an opportunity for those types of thugs to take advantage of a situation. I think racism is probably very strong in this country, and it definitely needs to be dealt with, but people participating in a lot of the BS that is currently going on, has nothing to do with protests or racism, it simply has to do with opportunity.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.