Lets not start an argument regarding broadheads.

OP
W

WVELK

FNG
Thanks to all again! Gives me some greater level of comfort for Mike. I also really like the fact that so many people are paying attention to arrow weight. Good group and well educated folks around here.

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
If I had to use a mechanical I would likely go with a Rage or G5 deadmeat.

Maybe have your buddy watch the YouTube videos testing broadheads.

For mechanicals, Rocket Steelheads and Spitfires are pretty tuff to beat. I’ve seen tons of animals shot with both, and can’t recall anything negative about either broadheads. Steelheads pretty much always blow right through elk, same with the bigger Spitfires. Both heads are very well made and tuff.

OP
W

WVELK

FNG
If I had to use a mechanical I would likely go with a Rage or G5 deadmeat.

Maybe have your buddy watch the YouTube videos testing broadheads.

Yes, I really like the test performed by Scoutlook each year. My only issue with it, is I don’t always like the heads selected to be tested in a given year. Sometimes, I think there are one or more heads that have one in the past, that would give “this years” group a run for their money. I would prefer to see them keep the winner from at least the last 3 years in the mix until they fall to the bottom half. That would push manufacturers to up the R&D and improve their products.

Having been in manufacturing for over 20 years, I can tell you for certain the winners each year would not likely be importing products from China or elsewhere. At some point, the winners would have to manufacturer at home to keep up with the competition. I say this as someone who manufactured 95% of his product in the US, and compared what we received from China for the other 5%. There was no comparison when it comes to machining work - none.

Pbast81

FNG
Does anyone like the muzzy hybrids? I’ve been using them for the last 3 years and 6 bucks and 3 bulls have all died within 50 yards no tracking required! I only ask because i never see anyone talk about them and in my experience they are exceptional!

Shot one with a Rage Chisel tip and two with a Trypan. Trypan again this year for me.

Perfectly tuned arrows just under 500 grns at 70#.

BFR

WKR
Always used fixed, Satellites back in the day, now Barries Rocky Mtn Razors ( no longer in business) still have 18 heads but replacement blades are getting harder to find. After they’re gone I’ll have to start experimenting.