Let's play budget bow.

sndmn11

WKR
Are any of the budget bows like Elite Terrain, Hoyt Torrex worth a look? Purchase would be from RMSgear, new only, and they carry Bowtech, Hour, Elite, PSE, and Prime. This is my brother purchasing; his introduction 1 hour lesson today was graced by Tom spending 4-5hrs teaching. So, used or other brands aren't on the table.

I know what I'd suggest he buys above $1k, what is there to consider in the $700-$1k range? He is active duty and we are aware some discounts are available.

TSAMP

WKR
Cue up the "shoot as many as you can and pick what feels best" blanket response.

• Haha
Reactions: Zac

OR Archer

WKR
Torrex is solid. I’ve set up several. They tune great, shoot good accuracy, and have decent performance for a $700 bow.

Reactions: Zac

Vandy321

WKR
You can buy a hell of a recurve for $1k...RMS is full of them, as you know. I certainly enjoy shooting one more than my compound, which leads to me shooting it more. I wish I'd picked one up instead of a compound years ago and Tom is the right man for the job.

I'm no help with your original question...I'm too cheap to buy a brand new bow.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Sounds like he ended up with an amplify. I told him to get what he thought was top notch sight and rest since he can put those on his next bow, and I think his plan is get good with this for a year and then his wife might want to shoot.

dtrkyman

WKR
New old stock flagship from Ebay is what I would look into. I bought one a few years ago for less than half price.

I look for the specs I want and that is it, do not care about brand or anything else, 99% of bows work for me within the specs I prefer, just takes a month of shooting to get accustomed to it.