Let's see some bear hunting pics!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
He was just a little tyke right at 7'. I grew up near Denali National Park and they say the average adult bear in the park is only 6'6 for grizzly. Whether thats true or not I don't know. I just know a really nice bear in the interior is another over 8'.

The packing the hide out was around 65-70 pounds I believe cause I left the paws and noggen in it. :D

The badlands pack while not the greatest, certainly got it done. :D
CIMG0963.jpg

R

rebecca francis

This is bearguide's (Lee) Alaskan brown bear. It is number two in Pope & Young! It is enormous....11+ ft.!!!!

7012944929_b87197212b_z.jpg

jamaro

FNG
Great Pictures Everybody...
Here is a little video on last years bear hunt...

[video=youtube;FDyPRHLdTUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDyPRHLdTUE&list=UUieCio0VTQ_wDEZrgCny8FA&index=12&feature=plcp[/video]

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A few bear-pics

My buddy Dud's brown from last fall (I filmed it - didn't get mine) and a decent blackie from BC.

Attachments

• Coop & Dud Griz.jpg
    Coop & Dud Griz.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Coopbear.jpg
    Coopbear.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 58

TwoTikkas

WKR
Not a trophy picture but a perfect representation of why I enjoy bear hunting so much!

Mountainbearhunting.jpg

I just can't get enough of this pic. It's what we are all about. Being in places like that is what keeps me going when everything around me is turning to crap. Nothing against my family. I love my kids above all else, but the solitude of the Rockies is good for the soul. That is a beautiful pic. Thanks for sharing.

billy molls

Super Moderator
Alaska brown bear

Hopefully this works,,, never posted a picture before. Here is a 10'8" brownie from the AK peninsula. We chased this bear for 3 days before we got him. Were less than 40 yards away from him in the alders 4 different times on the first day, but couldn't get a clear shot.

Kudos to those guys who shot these beasts with a bow!!! (Bearguide +Rebecca)

Attachments

• IMGP0928.jpg
    IMGP0928.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 100

WV Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully this works,,, never posted a picture before. Here is a 10'8" brownie from the AK peninsula. We chased this bear for 3 days before we got him. Were less than 40 yards away from him in the alders 4 different times on the first day, but couldn't get a clear shot.

Kudos to those guys who shot these beasts with a bow!!! (Bearguide +Rebecca)

That is a beast. I'll be ordering your videos soon.

billy molls

Super Moderator
alaska brown bears

Here's a couple more pics.

The live bear was a 9 1/2'er (The track was over 8", so pretty much tells you that it is about 9.5')

The dead bear that is staring at you like Clint Eastwood, made B+C, squared 10' 4" with no stretch, and it wasn't fleshed. Client shot him at 28 yds. as he was still walking toward at us.

Attachments

• pic1 - Copy.jpg
    pic1 - Copy.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 79

tstowater

WKR
I'm new to this deal, so if this looks amateurish, it is. This is a bear that I shot last year in Manitoba. As you can see, the snow was deep (it snowed 2 feet the day before we got there) and the hunting was tough. Shot the bear at 8:30 on the last night and didn't find him until the next morning. Sorry about no field pictures, but needed to get on the road. Almost didn't get out because of the flooding over the roads to the south. Jay, my son, is ready to go back. That may wait until he is old enough to help with the driving.

Attachments

• May 1 snow.jpg
    May 1 snow.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 56
  • May 2011 bear.jpg
    May 2011 bear.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 67

JNDEER

WKR
I killed this bear last year in northern CA.

Attachments

• bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 70

marshrat

FNG
Great pics, guys and gals. I really enjoyed that, and I hope to add to the pics one day.

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Ryan! I hunted for about six days, three of which were spent inside of a tent due to very very bad weather. We were on the Alaskan peninsula brown bear hunting. It was a pretty cool hunt. I got to 24 yards. I'm hopefully going to posting the vid on the site pretty soon.

This is a very cool video to watch. It mad the hair stand up on the back of my neck.