Let's see some traditional harvests!

My bull from this last fall.
5dJhMlD.jpg

Toelke Whip:68lbs@32" with 740 grain arrows and Simmons TreeSharks on the damage dealing end.

Holy crap batman! 32" draw?!?!

You dont see that every day. I thought I was bad with my 30" draw.

No way!!! Well Done!!!
Like you mentioned, just to harvest a Sambar is tough, but with longbow... AWESOME!
That's one fine Sambar deer too!!! Looks like one heck of a shot! What an accomplishment!

Be sure to keep us posted on your future hunts!

alukban

FNG
I just need a 6" length of that left brow tine brother... ;)

That is friggin' awesome!!!

I can't compare to anyone on here with animals yet, but I've killed some serious 3d animals so far. However, I am trying to get the youngest daughter to start getting after it more. Here is a shot of her at the 3d range this August.

IMG_0695.jpg

My very first traditional archery kill taken this past Saturday evening. I was pretty pumped! For this hunt I was shooting my 50# Hoyt Dorado with 28.5" CE Heritage 150's and 125 grain Magnus Stingers. The doe ran not more than 30 yards and laid down within sight, which was even more exhilarating! In years past I would drag deer long distances to the truck or try to get it to the nearest ATV access and do all the skinning and de-boning in my shop. This time I did the gutless method and packed it out in my Kifaru EMR-II, same as I did with my elk this year. I don't think I will go back to gutting and dragging deer except for certain situations. It sure is quick and easy to break them down with the gutless method. I love my EMR-II so much that it gets its own tree stand next to me where it can relax in anticipation of that next load of meat it will be packing out. Haha! :D

Well done dangerousD!!! What an awesome first trad harvest!!! Keep at it and keep us posted on your journey!!!

Well done dangerousD!!! What an awesome first trad harvest!!! Keep at it and keep us posted on your journey!!!

DangerousD, that's awesome, a tree stand for your pack.

Thanks guys! Yeah, it was very rewarding to do it with a trad bow. I don't plan to give up my compound just yet but certainly transition to more traditional hunting. My hats off to all the guys and gals that keep the primitive and traditional archery ways alive and popular. There's nothing quite as mystical as the flight of an arrow released instinctively from one of these bows!

And yes, a tree stand for my pack. Only because my oldest son wasn't there that day. :)