Let’s see those BB guns

Okay, so here it is. I suppose most of us started off with a BB gun for our first rifle, and I’d like this thread to show off your first rifle (BB gun). I’m sure I’m not the only person here that still owns their first gun they ever bought or received as a gift. I’m really interested in seeing some of your original BB guns, but what ever was your first firearm, let’s see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as.ks.ak

WKR
I had a cross man power master. It was a POS, I killed a pile of squirrels and robins with it though.

I had a Crossman as well! I’ll pull it out of the safe soon and update my post.

Red Ryder as well my grandpa got me about 35 years ago. Wish I still had it and every other gun I’ve had along the way but trading them here and there for other guns was fun to me when I was younger.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wish I still had mine. My parents unloaded a bunch of my stuff when they moved and I was on a deployment and never even told me they did that. I got mine in 1973, it was a lever action. I wouldn't even be able to estimate how many things died from that old gun. I'm sure I changed the entire ecosystem there single-handedly. I think when I was 10 or 11 I upgraded to a Crossman pump pellet rifle. Lost that one in my parent's transition as well.:(

Clarence

WKR
Pretty sure I picked because it was like the A-teams guns. Total pos, but the amount of starlings and blackbirds and finches, it knocked down embarrasses me to think back on. Knocked a pigeon out of the barn rafters one time(it wouldn't penetrate the tin). Always envied buddies Crossman guns. Due to statue of limitations, I can admit that geese and ducks were Arkansased off of farm ponds with my buddies hot rod bb guns. I learned a ton about hunting and shooting with them, but man did some s*#% go on as a youngster. Dad would have lite me up if he had known 1/4 of went down.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
Mini 14!!
3a411345e31731baf78a0e337ebf8c82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
well, i was not allowed to have a BB Gun until i was a teenager. i had a 22 by the time i was in school and shot the heck out it. it was a falling block Remington that had been in the family forever. my nephew has it now for his kids.

the reason a 22 and no BB gun was, in Dads infinite wisdom, if i shot a dog or cow with a 22 he would find out but if i used a BB gun he would not know.

3 of us used to meet in third grade and compare squirrel kills every day all fall. none of the city kids believed us.

but yea a red rider was the first BB gun.

Squamch

WKR
well, i was not allowed to have a BB Gun until i was a teenager. i had a 22 by the time i was in school and shot the heck out it. it was a falling block Remington that had been in the family forever. my nephew has it now for his kids.

the reason a 22 and no BB gun was, in Dads infinite wisdom, if i shot a dog or cow with a 22 he would find out but if i used a BB gun he would not know.

3 of us used to meet in third grade and compare squirrel kills every day all fall. none of the city kids believed us.

but yea a red rider was the first BB gun.

I also got a .22, mine was a cooey 600. Dad bought it from a guy at work for $25, and refinished the stock. I got it for my 8th birthday. Had to buy my own pellet gun when I was 12, from a guy who's wife was some kind of competitive pellet gun shooter... it was a hotrodded Crossman 760 I think. Sold it to my weed dealer when I was 24 to shoot rats with at his plantation. Still have the 22 though!

rayporter

WKR
in the safe if my first bolt action 22. it was dads first repeater. a tube feed sportsmaster.
i had intended to give it to my nephews kid this year but the bat bug fouled me up.

crich

WKR
I can get on board with this... Im all about traditions. Dont have my first BB gun anymore but it was a pump action crossman.

Shortly after my uncle Mike gave me his first gun that was given to him at the same age by my grandfather. Its a single shot lever action Ithaca M-49 .22. Needs an overhaul visually but shoots like a champ. Countless groundhogs and squirrels have been taken with this thing! 20201213_112342.jpg

sndmn11

WKR
When my grandpa passed away, I got his garage toy and haven't missed yet. Fiber optic front sight, laser engraved power buck on the butt, adjustable rear sight for dialing elevation, upgraded fluorescent cross bolt safety, under two pounds, double wall bull barrel with integrated magazine, upgraded to the slot head screws for universal disassembly.

118374894_10157358016431053_5584280433703285825_o.jpg

AKBorn

WKR
Didn't get a BB gun first - got a Remington Model 514 single shot .22 when I was 6. Loved that rifle, gave it to my buddy several years back. Shot quite a few snowshoe hares and ptarmigan with that rifle.

Rem514.jpg

AKBorn

WKR
Okay, so here it is. I suppose most of us started off with a BB gun for our first rifle, and I’d like this thread to show off your first rifle (BB gun). I’m sure I’m not the only person here that still owns their first gun they ever bought or received as a gift. I’m really interested in seeing some of your original BB guns, but what ever was your first firearm, let’s see it!

Trout, show us your first one! Thought we were gonna get a pic... :)