Let’s see those gear rooms!

ShakeDown

WKR
Thinking about getting a REP fitness rack. Do you like it and would you add anything else? Curious how wobbly these things are when doing pullups.

BTW, your flag is hanging backwards. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the heads up! I actually had no clue there were rules to hanging a flag. That was enlightening.

Most racks should be secured with lag bolts. Mine is not and I do weighted pull ups with no issues. You will see add ons like stability feet and weight storage that can also ensure a your rack won’t budge.

I actually bought this rack off Craigslist for pretty cheap, it is a discontinued model. It has some weird spacing and weird dimension - it is the PR 3000 (80mmx50mm). I do think I will eventually upgrade to the PR 4000, because I am pretty limited with accessories.

I would highly recommend the PR 1000 for anyone getting into a rack, or upgrade to the 4000 or 5000. Rep is local here to CO and you used to be able to pick up free, which saves a ton on shipping.

That being said I love my stuff from Rep. I also have their flat bench, the FB 5000.

Weights are the issue right now. I have a set of poly plates I bought off LetGo, but it’s ridiculous what people are asking for weight.

I also ordered a pretty slick wall mounted pulley system a few months ago from Titan fitness. I’ll post a pick when I get it in, it was on back order till March.

nrh6.7

WKR
Thanks for the heads up! I actually had no clue there were rules to hanging a flag. That was enlightening.

Most racks should be secured with lag bolts. Mine is not and I do weighted pull ups with no issues. You will see add ons like stability feet and weight storage that can also ensure a your rack won’t budge.

I actually bought this rack off Craigslist for pretty cheap, it is a discontinued model. It has some weird spacing and weird dimension - it is the PR 3000 (80mmx50mm). I do think I will eventually upgrade to the PR 4000, because I am pretty limited with accessories.

I would highly recommend the PR 1000 for anyone getting into a rack, or upgrade to the 4000 or 5000. Rep is local here to CO and you used to be able to pick up free, which saves a ton on shipping.

That being said I love my stuff from Rep. I also have their flat bench, the FB 5000.

Weights are the issue right now. I have a set of poly plates I bought off LetGo, but it’s ridiculous what people are asking for weight.

I also ordered a pretty slick wall mounted pulley system a few months ago from Titan fitness. I’ll post a pick when I get it in, it was on back order till March.
Some great info, thanks. I spent a couple hours watching videos and reviews on the REP racks yesterday. The 1100 would probably do it for me, but the 4 and 5K have so good features.

Need to take some measurements to ensure it'll fit in my space.

Post pics when the pulley system arrives.

nrh6.7

WKR
I’m pretty lucky. Bought a house in 2018 with a finished 2nd story over the detached garage. 800sq ft man cave that I LOVE. Previous owner had built it as an art studio ha.

That is a great space! My guess is you looked at your wife when you saw that room and told her to not even think about it...it's mine.

nrh6.7

WKR
Thanks! 1187, that I shoot maybe one a year on Dove opening day. I'm not much of a shotgunner to be honest. Thinking about it, dove meat is probably the most expensive thing i'll ever eat! 🤣
Agreed, seems they get harder to hit the older I get.

Grew up learning on an 870 but dad had a sweet 1100 that is probably going on 50 years old that I'd get to shoot every once in a while. It's in my safe now and will never let it go.

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
Following!

I finished my basement a couple years ago and sectioned off an unfinshed 12x12 bonus room, although I did wire it and put in lights and outlets so that parts done. The original plan(or her plan as I call it) was to make it a full bathroom sometime down the line....yeah, no! I can walk upstairs!
So in the past couple weeks I’ve been thinking of making it into a hunting/reloading room! Thinking of moving my gun safe, reloading bench and all my reloading gear/supplies into there, and it would still leave a wall to build shelves to store my totes of hunting gear. Any bigger stuff like tree stands, etc. would remain in the storage area of my basement where all my stuff is now.. it has been cold reloading bullets and putting guns together in the unheated corner of my basement and it’s time for an upgrade!

Following the thread for some more ideas

I have dispersed storage in various places around the house. My working area is closer to 8x10 that I do leather work, reloading and firearms maintenance. If I had adequate space - someone would want it.

Shadow14

WKR
I'd like to try to revive this thread.

Moving into a new place and my wife says I have to organize all my hunting gear so its not an "eyesore" or "cluttered". Was thinking about an armoire of sorts... Would love to see some more of yalls systems!