Let’s see what ya all use for hunting stabilizers

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing up front except this to hold my wrist sling on. The Prime's balance really well without a stab with the Centergy tech they have and honestly there's no need for one. It's nice not having one in the mountains too.

Attachments

• m5 button head cap screw.jpg
    m5 button head cap screw.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 18

jbgriff

FNG
6" CBE torx hunter in a stand. 8" out the front and 6" in the back if I'm shooting with a quiver

Attachments

• bow1.jpg
    bow1.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 20

Stalker69

WKR
Nothing up front except this to hold my wrist sling on. The Prime's balance really well without a stab with the Centergy tech they have and honestly there's no need for one. It's nice not having one in the mountains too.

Yep, I shoot a black five, and that bolt is the only “ stabilizer” I have also.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, I shoot a black five, and that bolt is the only “ stabilizer” I have also.

Dumb question, where can I get that bolt? Hardware store? Picked up a Black 5 this year and tried a stabilizer but like it better without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
Yes, I got mine at Lowe’s, I believe. I bought a stainless one. I don’t remember the thread pitch or size. But I took one of my stabilizers in with me and got the bolt that way.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Crossover 821. I pull out the first section so that it is 13" while walking around or glassing. If I'm going in on a stalk I will extend it all the way out to 21" when I nock an arrow. It is then the same length as my arrow on the bow when not at full draw, so in terms of maneuvering around while stalking I have the same amount of room whether it's extended or not. At closer ranges I have not noticed any point of impact difference when it is at 13" vs 21". At longer ranges it definitely helps me hold steady when all the way out.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I got mine at Lowe’s, I believe. I bought a stainless one. I don’t remember the thread pitch or size. But I took one of my stabilizers in with me and got the bolt that way.

Thanks Stalker. Will head there tomorrow. Glad I read this thread.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Wow I am weird I guess. My last bow was a Hoyt Spyder and I never used a stabilizer on it, but then got a Prime Black 5 and shot it for a while without a stab also. I do think that Primes balance really nicely, but I tried a 10” bee stinger with it earlier this year and it definitely tightened up my groups, especially out at 40-60 yards. Now I’m so used to it on there I don’t even notice it.

4fletch

Lil-Rokslider
Wow I am weird I guess. My last bow was a Hoyt Spyder and I never used a stabilizer on it, but then got a Prime Black 5 and shot it for a while without a stab also. I do think that Primes balance really nicely, but I tried a 10” bee stinger with it earlier this year and it definitely tightened up my groups, especially out at 40-60 yards. Now I’m so used to it on there I don’t even notice it.

Primes balance incredibly well in the hand. I used a CT5 without a stabilizer then tossed an 06 on it. That was an arrow in the same hole as the previous shot bow. Extremely repeatable. I sold it to a friend cheap so he could upgrade from an old bow and he also is shooting crazy well with it.

I don't use one. I put a green flashlight on mine and have a rubber vibration absorber at the bow frame. A stabilizer might make sense if I was regularly shooting 50+ yards. But 99% of my current shots are sub 30 yards

Brizzle

FNG
Mathews 6” front with 3oz bolted directly to the rear. The bow is already top heavy so I wanted to get more on the back without adding a rear bar, I like keeping my hunting setups compact. I don’t run any bars on my switchback. image.jpg