Let’s see your bird vests.

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is a little older thread but thanks for the input.

I have an Orvis vest and like it well enough but I usually run a Kifaru Hellcat for most of my hunting these days. Even bought the Orange Sherman pocket for some extra volume and visibility during bird/small game season. Just ordered the Marsupial Gear Large Bird Bag---it's on sale now to boot! Should run well off the Hellcat.
Sounds like a sweet set up! The marsupial is very high quality.

twall13

WKR
I know this is a little older thread but thanks for the input.

I have an Orvis vest and like it well enough but I usually run a Kifaru Hellcat for most of my hunting these days. Even bought the Orange Sherman pocket for some extra volume and visibility during bird/small game season. Just ordered the Marsupial Gear Large Bird Bag---it's on sale now to boot! Should run well off the Hellcat.
Let me know how this works out. I own a Hellcat and would be very interested to see how the marsupial attaches/rides etc. This could be a great option for certain hunts.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
I still need to fiddle with it, but this handled up to four birds well. Final Rise Sidekick plus my numerous modifications.
FR Vest Dec 23.jpeg

mjh

FNG
As the Hellcat is my main do it all hunting platform for where I'm most likely to hunt I thought adding the Marsupial game bag would be a good option. On sale arrived yesterday. I'm going to try to get some squirrel hunting in after the first of the year. Birds will be done in my location by then.
IMG_4839.jpg

Will try a first run in the above configuration. Game bag laying on top of Hellcat. Secured in 4 places.

IMG_4840.jpg

Could try it further back/down. I do run a pouch on the back of the Hellcat. But the game bag would hook up to the molle nicely. Push out a little bit from the back though, pushing out center of gravity?

IMG_4844.jpg

Lots of attachment options.

Bag also comes with several nylon/plastic stays to slip into sleeves around the top/sides for a more open or stiff top bag. I installed one across the top back of the orange. Left the sides open and closed the snaps.

Nice to have a game bag I can pop on and off as needed, looks to easy to clean. Can still add a Sherman pocket if I really want to.

twall13

WKR
As the Hellcat is my main do it all hunting platform for where I'm most likely to hunt I thought adding the Marsupial game bag would be a good option. On sale arrived yesterday. I'm going to try to get some squirrel hunting in after the first of the year. Birds will be done in my location by then.
View attachment 645316

Will try a first run in the above configuration. Game bag laying on top of Hellcat. Secured in 4 places.

View attachment 645317

Could try it further back/down. I do run a pouch on the back of the Hellcat. But the game bag would hook up to the molle nicely. Push out a little bit from the back though, pushing out center of gravity?

View attachment 645318

Lots of attachment options.

Bag also comes with several nylon/plastic stays to slip into sleeves around the top/sides for a more open or stiff top bag. I installed one across the top back of the orange. Left the sides open and closed the snaps.

Nice to have a game bag I can pop on and off as needed, looks to easy to clean. Can still add a Sherman pocket if I really want to.
Thanks for posting the detailed write up. I may have to pick one of these up to add to my Hellcat at some point.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bduke7645

FNG
Final rise summit for sale.
Jacket straps
2 water bottles
Garmin pro 550 holder
275 shipped
Medium waist 28-36

OP
Tleek

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
1703806608446.jpeg
I took this fjalraven out quail hunting for a morning.

I only flushed one covey on the way back to the car after hunting all morning…and I missed with both barrels. Tried to follow them a bit but the area was thick and steep and I lost them.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Bucks Bags today on eBay. Been in the market for a vest and this one was like a third of the price. I like my pontoon they make so hopefully the vest too.

jmez

WKR
Final rise for me. Son has a banded vest, it's ok. Fit, function and durability aren't in the same league as the final rise.
4f73e4b2fd1e23f558ebf8b384168c78.jpg
91e75674eaeb35d0a04392d0b3954d97.jpg

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

I’ve been running the wing works for years. Is the final rise worth changing to?
Not unless your wing works is worn out and you need a change. My friend has ww and I have a fr. They are both great vests and I'd say pretty equivalent in features, price, and quality. Can't go wrong with either IMO.