Lets see your first bull

Rogue Bay

WKR
1st and only elk so far. I know I am INCREDIBLY lucky and I will most likely NEVER top him. Shot at 51 yards with my bow in New Mexico.
I rough scored him at 363” 7x6
4cc8ab0822f08fcde7377cbb9dbc2ce8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bull of a lifetime for sure!

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have probably lost all my photos from my first hunts. We were pretty successful most years in ID, but I've had computers and hard drives crash with all those photos lost along the way.

Here is my first archery bull though. First archery elk hunt. Day 10. Was solo on this morning as my hunting buddy left the day before. Pretty cool feeling when everything comes together with just yourself and the elk on a crisp September morning.

P9232463.JPG

Some good looking bulls fellas. My son got his first bull, a 5X5 this November in Colorado. Probably going to have to look a little harder once they bring the wolves back to Colorado too. Heard on a podcast a couple weeks ago that hunters are gonna be fronting the bill for reintroduction. If you don't believe me you see for yourself below:/

banebc

FNG
Thank you everyone for the pictures, enjoyed!

fmetz

I second this comment, hopefully gonna help my 10 year old son get his 1st elk in AZ this year, although it’s a cow tag, you never forget your 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stonewall

WKR
Was solo at the time. Called this bull in late morning. Maybe 15 yard shot. He had no idea he was hit. Took a few steps and fell over...rolled down the hillside quite a distance. What an experience...will never forget it

edit: I need to add more here. This bull has more meaning than simply being my first bull. I drew this tag with two friends in 2017. A unit in New Mexico. That in itself is a fluke. It was my second time in the unit actually. Years ago, back when a NR could get a cow tag in NM, a close friend (Leroy) introduced me to elk hunting with that cow tag. Some years later he went with me on my first trip to colorado OTC. In 2017, he didn’t have this NM tag but was set to go with us. About a week before the trip he unexpectedly died in a farm accident. So this bull will always remind me of him. That trip did a lot for me on the elk learning curve - lots of interactions with elk and thus some good experience. It was a bitter sweet moment in that it was my first archery elk and first bull. Solo at the time, but would have been with Leroy. I hunt elk now, thanks to him. Wish he could have been there
1620106673219.jpeg

Last edited: