Lets see your hunting/daily driver rig (Pics)

This is my daily driver & hunt truck, 2012 Frontier PRO-4x Off Road.

img_1105.jpg crop.jpg

Has pretty good off-road manners for a driver.
I am looking at adding a ARE or Leer topper this year, maybe just for trips. The short bed is a little short to sleep in comfortably, but would work in a storm and give more protected gear space than the tool box does.

2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail, has been a great rig for me. I mostly hunt solo and like the fact I can live out of the back of it when needed.
413442220.jpg

414315939.jpg

Fatcamp

WKR
2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail, has been a great rig for me. I mostly hunt solo and like the fact I can live out of the back of it when needed.
413442220.jpg

414315939.jpg

We do the same with our 2001. A Yakima on top and hitch hauler on back with a bed inside is a great way to travel for my wife and I.

Zbot

WKR
Spent the last few years driving west in the Jeep solo, but she crapped her transmission out on the freeway along with the front drive shaft. After Jeep dicked me around about covering the issues I went back to Ford. I do miss the Jeep at times, but man the Ford rides toooo smooth.

View attachment 85672View attachment 85674
How did you like those rocker steps? I’m thinking about getting them over traditional rockers and randomly saw you had them.

Ten Bears

WKR
How did you like those rocker steps? I’m thinking about getting them over traditional rockers and randomly saw you had them.

I liked the function and price of those rockers. The finish was a different story, a little rust showed pretty early on. I sanded and coated them myself.

2011 F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew 6.2L with 178,000 trouble free miles. It has ARE camper shell, Bilstein Leveling kit, and 35" ridge grapplers.

Truck.jpg

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
For the guys with current gen 4 runners, how’s the cargo room? How many cheapo 120 qt coolers can you fit back there with the seats down and room for gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
Mine, for now, It's been awesome over the past 4 years. It's been all over OR and ID, I've even hauled my camper to ID twice with it. I'm really considering selling it and buying an older Tundra Double Cab with a canopy. It's tough to get me and my two boys in the Jeep for week-long hunting trips and have much room. I'm still on the fence though, the Jeep does so good in the woods it's hard to get rid of, it unbelievable in deep snow shed hunting, I went and picked up a trail cam this weekend 8 miles in 2-4' of snow and was able to air down and drive almost all the way to the camera, I really don't see being able to do that in a 4 door truck.

IMG_6108.JPGIMG_7016.JPG

I just picked up a gen 1 Tundra and love it so far.
But dont discount big 4 doors in snow.
I've had alot of 4wd and I'd argue the heavy trucks do better, there suspension is way less finicky and if theres a bottom they grab alot harder. But once ur buried there a biotch.
If you're around central Oregon come drive my tundra.
20200126_155613.jpg20141220_133347.jpg

I just picked up a gen 1 Tundra and love it so far.
But dont discount big 4 doors in snow.
I've had alot of 4wd and I'd argue the heavy trucks do better, there suspension is way less finicky and if theres a bottom they grab alot harder. But once ur buried there a biotch.
If you're around central Oregon come drive my tundra.
View attachment 149875View attachment 149876
need more ground clearance in a full size pickup, the smaller rigs just don't push down as far in the snow all things equal.

my buddy had a 6.0 powerstroke, after spending the money to make it reliable, it was a good snow rig, but it was a standard can on 38's, and he always had to chain up... the little yota with lockers got around a lot easier, they ride up higher in the snow.... I bet the jeep is the same.

none of my full sized pickups were good in the hills vs my small ones. I loved my 08' tundra, but hated it in the hills. icy roads, or snow on the highway, i'll take a heavy full size, everything else, smaller is better for me.

part of me wants another tundra for the room and comfort, and get a standard cab Toyota pre taco (with the 22re) for the woods, but I don't tow anything heavy and it's convenient not swapping pickups every other day.

pros and cons to any vehicles, but smaller is better in the woods. I always thought one of those standard cab tundra 4x4's would have been a fun pickup, shorter wheelbase, the 5.7L and some 285's on it would be a fun pickup.... as long as not many ride with you.

I have been getting the itch to trade my taco in for a Colorado zr2 with the little duramax