Lets see your meat processing shed, or area set up in garage, etc.

rbljack

WKR
I skin them in the garage but all meat processing is done in the kitchen so far. To say my garage is full of stuff is an understatement. I have a lawn care biz I run on the side, so space in the garage is hard to come by.
For Christmas I got an electric sausage stuffer. I already have the grinder/ knives/ cutting boards, dehydrator, and meat slicer. Now im trying to come up with a small efficient way/place to set up an area to do this and store equipment.

Lets see your pics so I can get some ideas...thanks! And Merry Christmas/happy new year to everyone.

bsnedeker

WKR
Here's my processing area.
bb5b82d7939e9e0310fc90298e7e2ddc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don’t have a pic of mine set up, it’s not elaborate but it works well for me. I’ve got several eye screws in the ceiling for hanging animals or quarters. If it’s warm out I just hang to skin and then move quarters or boned out meat to the fridge, but if it’s cold then I’ll hang to age for a while.

for a work table I use a piece of countertop that is about 2.5’x6’ set on saw horses. During the off season it breaks down to take up minimal space. The saw horses are taller than average so the table sits high enough that I don’t need to bend over. Grinders, stuffers, scales, meat totes, etc are stored in boxes or totes on shelves until I need them.

I don’t have water in the garage so I wear latex gloves so I don’t need to wash hands much. I keep Clorox wipes and paper towels out there to help keep things clean without having to bring lots of water out. Still need to bring out soapy water sometimes when things get really messy.

I keep cutting boards, and industrial sized Saran Wrap and butcher paper in a cupboard to keep the dirt and dust off them.

using one of those cool bot controllers for the ac? I watched a few videos on those DIY coolers....nice!
I was going to use a cool bot but ended up using a Ronco controller. The cool bot is a much friendlier controller, just costs a lot more.

Felix40

WKR
I don’t have the room or the money to set up anything elaborate. This is the meat hanging, bow building, and reloading station in my shop. I trim the bark off here then bring it in the house to package. EABDF61A-44BE-49C4-988B-ADF3790EDD76.jpeg

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Interested in anyones system/thoughts/opinions- for elk in mid September, backcountry hunting. It's usually 70 during the day, 50 at night (sometimes colder, fingers crossed). First day elk is quartered, bagged and hung in the shade (if I can dip it in a plastic bag in a river, all the better, but lets assume there's no water). The next day it’s placed on…bags of ice in the back of the truck for the ride home? Once I get home, how long can I safely hang that meat at those temperatures? Is it absolutely necessary to have a cool room/refrigerator or can I put quarters over a bed of ice in say a kiddie pool? Assuming it's in the 40s at night, but my quarters are hung in the garage, how long should I let them hang and cure before deboning? And then finally, after its deboned, should I let sit for a few days (at that point will be able to fit into our fridge and keep cool) or just process it at that time? Appreciate any responses, thanks

I have a difficult time posting pics, anyway after my dad passed away (we had a butcher shop set up in his basement) and I retired I decided to have a lawn building put in at our house, moved all the butchering equipment there, installed stainless work bench. and white plastic sheeting on the walls permanently installed the smoker he built to hold 60 lbs. of sausages, that was one end the other end installed cabinets even put in laminate flooring and set up my loading benches. First time I have had a dedicated loading area. Beats the hell out of tearing down and setting up every time I want to do some re-loading. Kind of neat as my best friend's wife walked in one day and said O my god this looks better than my kitchen. I am very proud of that project, and it gets a lot of use. A lot depends on the temp outside if really cold will hang it myself, but usually just have a buddy who runs a butcher shop hang it in his cooler for a few days.

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

Inside a pole barn. I beams in concrete, 2 boat winchs, process same place.

Attachments

• 20201123_110433 (1).jpg
    20201123_110433 (1).jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20201107_063026 (1).jpg
    20201107_063026 (1).jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 37

87TT

WKR
Kitchen has an island. So that's where it gets butchered. Hangs in the shop. If it is warm like last tear, I only hang it over night and then the quarters go in the chest freezer.

I skin and bone out at camp. Like many I process in my kitchen. But I am single so…….probably get away with more than some. If I did have a dedicated space I would go with about the same setup as bsnedecker has. Thats a nice clean compact set up. Very nice storage for equipment right close to were you need it and a big deep sink. Top notch right there.

TSAMP

WKR
I know there was another thread somewhere but I couldn't locate it. Here's mine. I was like you, accumulating equipment then snagged the table as icing on the cake. Most items are covered in clear garbage bags to cut down on dust. I think I may put wheels on the table to move it off the wall when in use, but if I'm doing that I usually have help and they can help me lift it..I think its 6ftx2ft.

I also cut cardboard and tape it on the table top in off season, as it eventually gets used to hold stuff.

Attachments

• 20211206_184117.jpg
    20211206_184117.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 35