Let’s see your Pickup Truck Sleep Setup

I also slept on the back seat of my tundra Crewmax for about 5 nights in Colorado. It wasn’t the best because I have to sleep on an angle to stretch out at the seats tilt back, but I was tired enough from the walking for it to not matter much. It was better than my friends who slept three wide in the back of the other truck lol. Funny thing is we had a tent, but it was too noisy flapping in the wind.

Pro tip if you sleep in the cab...hang a king sized sheet over your sleeping area. It makes it probably ~10 warmer inside. Before I did this o was sleeping with my 20 degree quilt. After I put the sheet up, I was using a woobie.

Attachments

• C9AF91F7-704D-4CC2-9B60-705CBAE98DCC.jpeg
    C9AF91F7-704D-4CC2-9B60-705CBAE98DCC.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 5BAD67AD-2F14-4A64-8436-67B889511297.jpeg
    5BAD67AD-2F14-4A64-8436-67B889511297.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 207
I used to drive a Grand Cherokee (a ‘99 WJ) and was able to modify a cot to fit behind the front seats when the back seat was folded down. I’m on the shorter side (a tall 5’10”) so it worked like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
I built a bunk for the bed of my truck that stays in all the time. The foam mattress can be taken out/in as needed.

Under the bunk I store all my tools, chainsaw and necessary items. When the tailgate is locked, the tools are secure

The space alongside the bunk is big enough for a 120qt cooler. Its also nice to be able to get dressed sitting on the bunk and hunker over to get clothes/boots on.

Up front in the Action Packer is all my food, and cooking stuff

I use this for quick, overnight scouting/hunting adventure when a tent or pulling my camper isnt needed

truck bed.jpg

A.Grift

FNG
I want to build something like this out, but it has been a nightmare trying to find a cap to fit my bed. I felt like they were all over Craigslist until I needed one.

Sturgies

FNG
I built a bunk for the bed of my truck that stays in all the time. The foam mattress can be taken out/in as needed.

Under the bunk I store all my tools, chainsaw and necessary items. When the tailgate is locked, the tools are secure

The space alongside the bunk is big enough for a 120qt cooler. Its also nice to be able to get dressed sitting on the bunk and hunker over to get clothes/boots on.

Up front in the Action Packer is all my food, and cooking stuff

I use this for quick, overnight scouting/hunting adventure when a tent or pulling my camper isnt needed

View attachment 282782
I have a very similar set up. I picked up a 4 inch tri-fold mattress from Milliard. 4 inch thick, 31" wide, 75" long and made the bunk to match. Fits perfect in my truck bed and never once feel the bunk, even side sleeping at 230lbs.
Plenty of usable space underneath (I stick 3 totes under) and is super comfortable.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
This is how I set up in my van for a hunt when it's too muddy out and I can't set up my tent (January deer hunts usually). I've done this a few times, spending ~2wks each time. Pretty comfy overall, only issue is the roof rains once it warms up and the condensation melts.

Attachments

• P1050046.JPG
    P1050046.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 158
  • 2012-01-05_17-15-14_234.jpg
    2012-01-05_17-15-14_234.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 157
I have an ARE canopy so usually just throw a piece of foam in the bed of my f150 or use my sleeping pad. Ive been seriously considering ordering this 12v ezlift and tent system tho, at least the lift system for now for sure. Its spendy but so are the roof top tents and im a contractor so im constantly using my roof rack and canopy to store stuff, so most roof top tents don't make sense for me. Ive seen a couple hardtop ones that are tough enough to use as a roof rack when they're shut but they're so spendy and make your truck really tall. Im lazy and if i add like 2 inches of height i will no longer fit through the local car wash haha. Plus there has been SO MANY TIMES that ive needed to get something into the bed that didn't quite fit under the canopy door, this would be clutch for times like that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-104257_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-104257_Samsung Internet.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 89

TX_Diver

WKR
I got in late last year and just slept on the floor of my 2017 ram. I'm 6'2 so it was a little snug, but with the seats folded out and the floor flattener thingy deployed it wasn't bad otherwise.

I had an 01 sequoia and with the back 2 rows of seats out it made an awesome hunting/camping vehicle. Kinda wish I still had it.

Spence14

WKR
This is how I set up in my van for a hunt when it's too muddy out and I can't set up my tent (January deer hunts usually). I've done this a few times, spending ~2wks each time. Pretty comfy overall, only issue is the roof rains once it warms up and the condensation melts.
Never thought of this, but the van looks like a solid option!

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Never thought of this, but the van looks like a solid option!
I've been doing the van thing for 12 years now and it really is a nice platform. The issue is the availability of 4WD, I had to build it myself. Works great for storing things (mountain bikes, etc) inside, plenty of room to camp in, etc.
I camped in my Suburban before I had the van and it was pretty good, but the roof was too low (plenty long enough). The extra height in the van makes a big difference.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
487C7F0D-1506-47EF-96EB-78629CFB9478.jpeg
I have a James Baroud RTT that I mount to a bedrack i built over my bed. The rack is tall enough that the top of the RTT is flush with my cab when down. The rack is high enough that I can still use my bed cover.

slim9300

WKR
An Exped Megamat Duo LW fills the 6.5’ bed of my do tundra perfectly. As comfortable as a home mattress. Self inflating so setup is a cinch. Don’t have any photos though. If you’ve got a 5.5’ box your options would be different.

Best pad for the truck money can buy. I bought a cheap but soft waterproof mattress cover that fits it perfectly and provides completely protection. Gives me some piece of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk