Let’s see your Pickup Truck Sleep Setup

Lexus423

FNG
I am an Elk archery hunter based out of Colorado. I usually just sleep in my front seat or on the floor of the rear of my F150. Anyone have any cool setups on their pickup trucks for camping/sleeping?
Looking to up my game without spending too much time setting up base camp. Also not looking to spend a fortune on a truck bed tent.

78374096e586544e6d5078c30ca642df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
New member here. Just purchased a soft topper for my Tacoma and built a raised platform in the bed. I’m a shorter guy at 5’8” and I fit perfectly laying diagonal in the bed. I plan to buy a big comfy canvas bag for cheap at academy and use a klymit insulated pad with a foam pad under it for truck sleeping when need be between packout trips and such. I also added a harbor freight ($27) work bench light to the top of the soft topper to give me a work light at the tailgate at night. Might even add a buddy heater for those extra cold nights. Really excited about this quick “base camp” option.

Attachments

• 9791F238-AAAC-4D8A-BC55-D54A3929A3A7.jpeg
    9791F238-AAAC-4D8A-BC55-D54A3929A3A7.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 247
I built a drawer system and have spent many, many nights in it over the past three years. I have a DCLB Tacoma and the Exped Megamat 10 (9 R-value) is a perfect length-wise fit for the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20190723_171821.jpg
    IMG_20190723_171821.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 322

Jbehredt

WKR
An Exped Megamat Duo LW fills the 6.5’ bed of my do tundra perfectly. As comfortable as a home mattress. Self inflating so setup is a cinch. Don’t have any photos though. If you’ve got a 5.5’ box your options would be different.

Mudd Foot

WKR
I built a drawer system and have spent many, many nights in it over the past three years. I have a DCLB Tacoma and the Exped Megamat 10 (9 R-value) is a perfect length-wise fit for the bed.

That is STOS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjdewese

WKR
This is still my all time favorite sleeping system for portability. I have a similar setup for my 4Runner now but having the double cab as well as a full bed in the back was awesome. I could fit everything I needed for several days in this system no problem. I have to add stuff to my roof rack now with the 4Runner which I didn't have to with this setup.

New member here. Just purchased a soft topper for my Tacoma and built a raised platform in the bed. I’m a shorter guy at 5’8” and I fit perfectly laying diagonal in the bed. I plan to buy a big comfy canvas bag for cheap at academy and use a klymit insulated pad with a foam pad under it for truck sleeping when need be between packout trips and such. I also added a harbor freight ($27) work bench light to the top of the soft topper to give me a work light at the tailgate at night. Might even add a buddy heater for those extra cold nights. Really excited about this quick “base camp” option.
This is what I will be doing except I am 6’ and have a short bed so I have to sleep diagonally. I’m planning to build drawers and connect the platform to the bed tie downs below. That way if I lock the tailgate, the storage is pretty secure. At least as secure as anything can be in a car.

zacattack

WKR
Damn. Some of these setups are nice.
I normally sleep in the front seat if I’m parking lot camping. If I get somewhere too late and there’s no rain or anything I’ll just setup my pad and sleeping bag next to the truck, it cuts off the wind and you can get some residual heat from the motor.

KBC

WKR
You guys who sleep in the cab of your truck are way tougher than I am.
It’s not that bad if you park facing uphill a little, kind of flattens the front passenger seat out. That said I’m thinking about making something like a Hiatus camper for my half ton.

You guys who sleep in the cab of your truck are way tougher than I am.
Full size trucks are not too bad, I was wondering how the hell he fit in the floorboard though.

Interesting fact for those who have SUVs, a futon mattress fits perfectly in broncos and blazers.

I built a bed platform and bought a canopy for my superduty but condensation turned out to be really difficult to deal with, and there wasn't enough room to barely sit up or get dressed in there.

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
This is what I will be doing except I am 6’ and have a short bed so I have to sleep diagonally. I’m planning to build drawers and connect the platform to the bed tie downs below. That way if I lock the tailgate, the storage is pretty secure. At least as secure as anything can be in a car.
That’s a great idea for the secure storage! Wouldn’t be Fort Knox, but way better than just laying in the bed.