Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Trr15

WKR
Did the B&C's make a difference?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Didn’t notice any change in accuracy with the 7mm and never shot the .338 with the factory stock. The “feel” of the B&C stocks is a lot better. They’re more substantial and you don’t get that hollow sound like you do with the factory stock. Cosmetically I like them a lot better as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
As a long action? I'd expect 2800-2900 FPS in a long action with moderate pressures. Maybe a bit better if you max it out with RL26 or similar.

Ya it will be on a tikka action & 26” barrel. Kinda figured 2900ish but wondered if anybody had real world experience running this setup to share?

I can contribute now. I haven’t held this yet, just got pictures from Mike.

Started life as a 300wm t3x superlite
Action blueprinted and faced
Rem style recoil lug added
22” HCA light contour carbon barrel, 8 twist
7 SAUM throated for 175 eldx on a long action
MBM titanium beast brake
Southfort labs tikka long range stock, hydro dipped primarily to add grip to the slick stock
Mountain tactical bottom metal, long action wsm mag, bolt stop, and I think bolt shroud

She’s going to be topped with sports match rings and a NF 2.5-10x42.

220d79ff87aa4ac166744364a3aaedd2.jpg

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider

MBM titanium beast brake
Southfort labs tikka long range stock, hydro dipped primarily to add grip to the slick stock
Mountain tactical bottom metal, long action wsm mag, bolt stop, and I think bolt shroud

Congrats on a sweet rifle. Keep us posted on how she shoots. Can’t wait to have mine built.

I have a Southfort labs stock as well. I honestly don't know which model it is but its def one of theirs.

Zero help I know sorry.

Here's a pic of it to make up for it :) :
YyCZVnY.jpg

Luke, I think yours is what southfort calls the tikka bush hunter. Far as I can tell the only difference between the bush hunter and long range is the length of the fore end.

I have a Southfort labs stock as well. I honestly don't know which model it is but its def one of theirs.

Zero help I know sorry.

Here's a pic of it to make up for it :) :
YyCZVnY.jpg
Is that the one stockys had on clearance? Very nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

deadwolf

WKR

MBM titanium beast brake

Wind gypsy, I also just had a custom 22”,
7 saum built, although not a Tikka. I’m in my initial load development, it is looking like it’s going to be a sweet setup. Using RL26 I hit 2858fps with 180eldm and I had no pressure yet. Wasn’t expecting that so I have loaded more to go back and shoot tomorrow. I’m thinking I’ll be able to get 2900-2950 no problem and it is looking awesome for the 175eldx and 180 eldms. Built mine on a medium Lone Peak Fuzion Ti.

7 saum built, although not a Tikka. I’m in my initial load development, it is looking like it’s going to be a sweet setup. Using RL26 I hit 2858fps with 180eldm and I had no pressure yet. Wasn’t expecting that so I have loaded more to go back and shoot tomorrow. I’m thinking I’ll be able to get 2900-2950 no problem and it is looking awesome for the 175eldx and 180 eldms. Built mine on a medium Lone Peak Fuzion Ti.

Both of those rigs sound pretty damn nice!👍🏻

Sounds like you own the dream! Have any pics? I'm ok with having the poor man's version 😁 Curious what brass you're using? I've found that ADG 6.5 SAUM has more capacity than my Norma 7 SAUM brass that was necked down to 6.5. I am going to run ADG brass for the 7 as well.

I'll PM ya about what you settle on for loads, I'm looking forward to breaking mine in.

deadwolf

WKR
Sounds like you own the dream! Have any pics? I'm ok with having the poor man's version Curious what brass you're using? I've found that ADG 6.5 SAUM has more capacity than my Norma 7 SAUM brass that was necked down to 6.5. I am going to run ADG brass for the 7 as well.

I'll PM ya about what you settle on for loads, I'm looking forward to breaking mine in.

I have 200 of ADG brass and 100 of Norma, but just using the ADG right now, keep the Norma for back up and just to have. Not sure I’m allowed to post a pic in the Tikka thread, but here it is : ) Built by Blue Mountain Precision
a2212b30b6dd47d9a5ca4a584db44096.jpg

I have 200 of ADG brass and 100 of Norma, but just using the ADG right now, keep the Norma for back up and just to have. Not sure I’m allowed to post a pic in the Tikka thread, but here it is : ) Built by Blue Mountain Precision
a2212b30b6dd47d9a5ca4a584db44096.jpg

Hey! Get your non-tikka outta here! J.K. 😂

Damn, she looks nice and fancy, sweet rig for sure!