Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Chad Fenton

Some really nice rifles here. Looking at doing a semi custom build for a long time. I have decided now is the time. Looking at donor rifles it seems hard to beat the T3x's locked and loaded has right now for cheap (in my opinion).

Again some great rifles here

Chad Fenton

Im picking one up tomorrow. I've been searching rokslide for the best mods to do to them. Looking to build a light hunting rifle. Don't have to be ultra super light but nice light set up. Not 100% sold on the carbon barrels but they do look nice. I'm guessing they shoot better than the stock barrel (which I here do really good)

alexanderg23

300 WSM
Cerakote and brake done by former owner.

Long action bolt stop done by me.

RedSnake Tactical long action bottom metal installed by me.

Accuracy International 338 LM magazine.

Trigger spring mod done by me.

All my Tikka’s have the cheek risers.

Target is three shots fired at a 100 yds this last Monday.
Berger 215. Reloader 26.
Going to play with that combo some more.
Did you get that from a guy in Arkansas? Looks like previous gun...

tarheelpwr

Finally assembled.

Tikka T3 Action - donor action came cerekoted in gunmetal.
Proof Sendero Prefit. 6.5 PRC @ 24"
Yo Dave Trigger Spring - Trigger at ~1.9 lbs
Hells Canyon Magazine
Mountain Tactical Long Action Bolt Stop
Bolt fluted by LRI
Mesa Precision Stock
Griffin Armament Taper Mount Paladin 2Muzzle Brake
Zeiss V4 4-16 on Tally Mediums (will probably switch to low)

Caught a weather window to go put some factory ammo down the tube. Both the 147 gr and 143 gr Hornady ammo shoot under .5 moa. Can't wait for some warmer weather to see what this rifle can do. I am really surprised how easy it is to put a rifle like this together. I am not a gunsmith by any means, but the only help I had was removing the barrel and screwing on a new one and they checked headspace.

View attachment 141718

View attachment 141720

View attachment 141719
Great set up. Looking at very similar. Do you have a weight on that?

HellsCanyon

Rokslide Sponsor
Waiting for the billet pieces to finish machining, but here’s a preview of what our bottom metal looks like, this was the first prototype that we had 3D printed for mockup purposes. Notice the sweeping radius and how it matches the stocks curve behind the rear tang? Also the mag is recessed into the bottom metal to hide the rear lip of the mag body to keep the whole appearance good “flow”.

Bocephus21

My 7 saum is all done! Cerakoted burnt bronze on barrel and action, black on bolt and bolt handle. Fde transition McMillan game warden stock, mountain tactical bottom metal, trigger spring, and bolt shroud, 26 inch x caliber barrel with 8” twist, shooting 180gr ELDm at 3035fps. Topped with the leupold mk5! Loving it so far, already hit as 1010 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mxracer532

My 7 saum is all done! Cerakoted burnt bronze on barrel and action, black on bolt and bolt handle. Fde transition McMillan game warden stock, mountain tactical bottom medal, trigger spring, and bolt shroud, 26 inch x caliber barrel with 8” twist, shooting 180gr ELDm at 3035fps. Topped with the leupold mk5! Loving it so far, already hit as 1010 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly what I'm looking to do with mine. Only with a Proof Carbon barrel. Who did the work and what's your COAL with the 180's. (Same bullet I wanna shoot)

renagde

Waiting for the billet pieces to finish machining, but here’s a preview of what our bottom metal looks like, this was the first prototype that we had 3D printed for mockup purposes. Notice the sweeping radius and how it matches the stocks curve behind the rear tang? Also the mag is recessed into the bottom metal to hide the rear lip of the mag body to keep the whole appearance good “flow”.

When are these going to be available Mike?