Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

The .22-250 Superlite has a 22.4” barrel. I think they change up the barrel sizes based on the cartridge. I think some of the heavier cartridges come in 24” variants but I'm not sure.

Correct - think some of the magnums have the longer barrels and so does the 6.5 Creed Superlite, its listed as something like 24.3".

Just got Sterk Handles for my T3 Lite and T1X last week. Have some rustoleum and Digicam stencils to try to lipstick the piggy stock.

Ram94

WKR
Anyone on here have any experience milling the ejection port on an older T3 to match the port size on a T3x? How much steel can safely be removed? I’ve seen 0.2” somewhere but that had not been confirmed. Anyone have a width measurement on a T3x ejection port?

Tikka CTR 6.5 Creedmoor
Vortex 6-24x50 PST
20moa pic rail
Vortex matched rings
Duracoat paint job

Heavy gun, But shoots great. Made for whitetail hunting.

d7743b0ce0a165a3c53afd902b5901fb.jpg
What cheek pad are you using on that rifle?

Dhbwa

WKR
Both are the same width(approx. 3") with a slightly wider radius cut in the top corners on the T3x.
From what I see the bottom edge is the only spot they removed any appreciable metal to open the port for single feed and they didn't take much of it off. Not enough difference to hassle with opening it up they both single feed fine for me.

+1

Ram94

WKR
Sorry, I guess when I said width, I meant height. That is the reason I want to have it done as I find it tough to top feed with the narrow port. Would you be able to measure the height on the T3X port?

Latest build...

T3 Action
300 WSM - throated long
22" Proof Sendero Light
McMillan Game Hunter Carbon
Muzzle Brakes n More Titanium Brake
Mountain Tactical Bottom Metal.

Showing a lot of promise with Barnes 200 GR LRX over H4350.

View attachment 162917
What twist in that barrel? And hows the blast with that brake? Seriously considering one of the smaller ones for my factory barrel.

Finn16

WKR
Do I have this right on the Tikka's - I can convert a t3x that is a short action chambering to a long action chambering of the same bolt face by changing out the bolt stop and magazine? And the barrel of course.

Do I have this right on the Tikka's - I can convert a t3x that is a short action chambering to a long action chambering of the same bolt face by changing out the bolt stop and magazine? And the barrel of course.

Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T1x I put together as a trainer, found the rifle with the barrel and scope rail on the used rack for a deal I couldn’t pass up. Specs are
T1x .22lr
Lothar Walther 20.5 inch barrel
Boyd’s Pro Varmint stock
20 moa Contessa rail
SWFA 10x42
View attachment 164119
Hows that thing shoot? What ammo? I've been using cci standard velocity with good results out of a 10/22.