Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

khuber84

WKR
Thank you, I was asking for a friend that wants to customize his some.
If you're looking for an aftermarket Tikka bolt, LRI has em. However the one I have, doesn't quite fit as well as factory, it functions 100% and headspace was within a thou so they're well done.

Trapperkid

Lil-Rokslider
If you're looking for an aftermarket Tikka bolt, LRI has em. However the one I have, doesn't quite fit as well as factory, it functions 100% and headspace was within a thou so they're well done.
Do they have controlled round feed bolt that would be awesome

Scout82nd

FNG
T3X
Preferred Barrel Blanks 26" .800 Varmint in 6.5-284
Iota Eko Carbon
10.2lbs with Seekins rings on a 20MOA Mtn Tactical rail and Mtn Tactical bottom metal

Not a light packer, but sub-half moa with several loads!
View attachment 223232
You're lucky you got the Eko to fit. I got one for my T3X and the inlet and pillars were way off.

I've been tinkering with it for years.
300 WSM
Cut 2" off the barrel
Textured Rustoleum on the stock.
Limbsaver pad.
Fluted bolt and barrel threaded for brake.
Tally rings.
Swaro 3.5x18.
7# 3.5oz
View attachment 303653

How’s the textured rustoleum holding up? What product did you use? Clear coat? I’m about to paint a B&C stock on a rem Mod Seven I re-contoured the grip for more vertical and a palm swell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What contour is on the the 7saum?

It was a 5.5 contour they had on the shelf that I had them turn down as much as they were willing while leaving .725” on the muzzle for 5/8 threads. It’s a little heavier than I would have went if I spec’d from scratch but 2 weeks lead time beats 8 months. Some specs in pic below but don’t give the whole picture because it gets bigger at the muzzle. It only shaved a few ounces so probably could have saved more with fluting but I’m not big on fluting. Rifle weighs like 7lb 4 oz bare 3B707B90-604F-4972-891F-F6FCB60A6A35.png

Last edited:
How’s the textured rustoleum holding up? What product did you use? Clear coat? I’m about to paint a B&C stock on a rem Mod Seven I re-contoured the grip for more vertical and a palm swell.

Better than a expected with zero marks yet. I will say it was a little rough for a while but after a season it's perfect. I'm 99% sure I used Rustoleum aged iron multi color textured. Somewhere on this forum there's a post from a member I got the idea from.

Lytro

WKR
You can get a pretty good idea by looking at the classifieds on here. I was wondering the same yesterday and found quite a few listings. $60-$80 for each depending on condition seems to be reasonable.