Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Doesn’t look a whole lot different from the first picture but I just got this back today from Black Canyon Customs out of Denver.
Allterra stock BCC opened up the barrel channel to fit the 3B in it.
Bartlein 3B at 18 inches threaded for the suppressor whenever that gets out of jail.
Was thinking about cerakoting there barreled action or painting the stock but the SS over black CF is winning me over. It’s like one of those fancy tuxedo T-shirts with the sleeves cut off

Looks great, what is the weight and chambering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Stainless t3x donor action
24" proof sendero
6mm creedmoor
Mtn tac bottom metal and 3rd billet mag
Mtn tac trigger spring set at 1#8oz
Lri fluted stainless bolt (wrought iron)
Outdoorsman xl handle
Leupold back country 1 piece 30mm med
Vx5hd 3-15 htmr
Ag composites privateer urban camo
The privateer is my favorite tikka stock by far and I've tried most I have 2 now with a 3rd en route and they both feed flawlessly
432ddc3061b5f356abcb20ad3bcf4a49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This started as a Tikka T3x Stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor. Now it is .308 Win. Specs as below.

Alterra Arms stock
Bartlein #3 barrel cut to 16 inches chambered in .308 Win
Thunderbeast Ultra 7 can
Gunsmith work by Deep South Tactical

Got it out today and shoots Federal GMM under 1.5 inches without much effort for 10 shot groups. Looking forward to load work up once I get the barrel settled in.

20210918_130804.jpg

GARY767

FNG
This started as a Tikka T3x Stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor. Now it is .308 Win. Specs as below.

Alterra Arms stock
Thunderbeast Ultra 7 can

Got it out today and shoots Federal GMM under 1.5 inches without much effort for 10 shot groups. Looking forward to load work up once I get the barrel settled in.

View attachment 327537
Any idea what the weight is without the can & bipod?

Any idea what the weight is without the can & bipod?

Nope. I will try to weigh it tonight or tomorrow and let you know. It is not terribly lightweight (not a small barrel contour and scope is 22 oz) but balances and shoots great.

Lawnboi

WKR

Alterra Arms stock
Thunderbeast Ultra 7 can

View attachment 327537
That’s an awesome build. People will gawk at the weight but I think your right at the sweet spot. My next is getting a bartlein 3 at 18” in either 6br or 6 creed.

GARY767

FNG
Weighed it tonight and with empty mag inserted and no can, it weighs in at 8 lbs 4.4 oz. That is with scope as well.
Thanks for that. Weighs about the same as 24" carbon barreled SAUM. I've been tossing around the idea of building a 18" barreled 6.5 saum to shoot 124gr hammers.

Thanks for that. Weighs about the same as 24" carbon barreled SAUM. I've been tossing around the idea of building a 18" barreled 6.5 saum to shoot 124gr hammers.

Interestingly, I've got some 151 grain Absolute Hammers on order to try out of this rifle with Ramshot TAC powder.

Oh boy what do we have here?!

aac19637cfd84cba0ed46465f7e7e9dd.jpg

Got a new stock in for review of the inletting... it’s NICE and the lines flow super well with the tikka action profile. No more retrofitted R700 stocks....

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want this stock for a custom build but I haven’t seen them anywhere. Are they available?

Time to order my stock. 280ai barrel is inbound, rifle is in the sage.

Rifle will be for hunting the mountains.

I noticed many buy stocks without an adjustable comb, but a few do. Is it mostly a weight savings or are they unnecessary in a mountain rifle?

Time to order my stock. 280ai barrel is inbound, rifle is in the sage.

Rifle will be for hunting the mountains.

I noticed many buy stocks without an adjustable comb, but a few do. Is it mostly a weight savings or are they unnecessary in a mountain rifle?

As a generalization, adjustable combs add more weight and cost than a cheap pad or homemade riser. Some new options buck that trend with lighter weights. They do look better if that matters.