Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

eamyrick

WKR
Tikka superlight 300 win mag - I see absolutely nothing wrong with the factory T3X stock BUT I have a manners on backorder from Stocky's (stocky's tech support tells me they are drop in) - I have a Stocky's Carbon Bush Hunter now and they ARE NOT drop in - decently finished stock but a bit challenging for a Tikka due to the magazine system (but I'm getting it as time allows) Carbon Bush Hunter feels good and is quite a bit cheaper - I put my superlight 6.5 CM in the Bush Hunter, with the barrel shortened to 21" it makes a very nice package - VX3 3.5 x 10 x 40mm with custom dots makes it a VERY nice shooter as well - FYI, I use Mountain Tactical aluminum rail and Leupold "rifleman" rings on all the Tikkas and have had 00 issues whatsoever after 100's of rounds and rough & tumble hunts

Just a question “why order the manners through stockys instead of direct through manners?”

OutdoorAg

WKR
Good looking rifles here, boys.

I'm posting to see if there is anyone who is equipped to do some barrel channel work on a Tikka T3X stock? I simply don't have the tools or time, and I'd like to find someone who does. I've already had 2 gunsmiths turn me down (the whole "this job is too small for us" problem), so I'm left with DIY, or find a Tikka guy who knows the stocks and can do a little work.

This is a pretty simple project: Open up a T3X barrel channel to accept a CTR barreled action.

I'm trying to make Fraken-TIkka. T3X Stock, T3X plastic DBM, CTR barreled action. Just need to open up the T3X channel to a float, and I'll be GTG.

Any Tikka guys on this thread want the job? Especially if you have a CTR at home and can have that to check float.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

29b59277d8ee238816f32447dad3036e.jpg

I’m awaiting installation of a 26” spiral fluted Bartlien and Mountain Tactical AI bottom metal. I love these guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eamyrick

WKR
$599. I suspicious it’s an AG composites stock and they are solid. I’m torn between this and the Grayboe terrain which is 250 less but a pound more.

cowboy300

WKR
I have handled the Mesa Precision stocks in person and they are a damn fine stock. I will have one on my 6.5 PRC Tikka build that MPA is doing for me

Bbell12

WKR
$599. I suspicious it’s an AG composites stock and they are solid. I’m torn between this and the Grayboe terrain which is 250 less but a pound more.

Will the Grayboe stocks fit a Tikka action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk