Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Jon Boy

WKR
Is that factory stock still pretty stiff?
I stiffened it up with bedding compound and it's as stiff or stiffer than from the factory. I havent settled on a stock that I want yet, kind of waiting to see what guys think of the AGCs after the end of the season. I haven't put a ton of time into load development quite yet but its putting out around 5/8 groups with the factory stock being glass bedded and 180 eldms. So far it's been working really well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I stiffened it up with bedding compound and it's as stiff or stiffer than from the factory. I havent settled on a stock that I want yet, kind of waiting to see what guys think of the AGCs after the end of the season. I haven't put a ton of time into load development quite yet but its putting out around 5/8 groups with the factory stock being glass bedded and 180 eldms. So far it's been working really well.

Have ran about 100 rounds through my 6.5 saum with the ag stock on and it is perfect, total rifle weight 8.25# with leupy mk 5 3.6-18 have shot some great groups with it, no cheek piece build up or anything needed

brushape

WKR
Have ran about 100 rounds through my 6.5 saum with the ag stock on and it is perfect, total rifle weight 8.25# with leupy mk 5 3.6-18 have shot some great groups with it, no cheek piece build up or anything needed

Which ag stock is on that rifle, what barrel length? She is a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Which ag stock is on that rifle, what barrel length? She is a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure exact model, i think it is their only tikka stock they make, it was 1st sold by mesa then ag started selling them a month or 2 later. 24" barrel. Shoots great, stock feels good especially not having to add weight or bulk for a cheek riser or pad.

86Chevy

Lil-Rokslider
Got a few things that still need done.
Tikka 270 wsm in a mesa carbon stock.
Need to upgrade bottom metal and magazine.
I have a patriot valley 6.5 prc barrel on the way as well as straight jacket armory muzzle brake.
My MK5 with cch reticle is on they as well.

Attachments

• 20191015_214840.jpg
    20191015_214840.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 405

Apollo117

WKR
I have a patriot valley 6.5 prc barrel on the way as well as straight jacket armory muzzle brake.
What's your current total weight and do you have a predicted total weight with the new barrel and bottom metal?

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently doing a build just about identical to this for a buddy right now also. All you really need is the magnum bolt face. The bolt stop is easily changed out and so are the mags. I found a cheap stainless T3 in 7 Rem mag that will be getting reconfigured to the 6.5PRC but I am trying it a Carbon Six barrel on this one.
I am also building myself a 7 saum off a 300wsm Tikka T3X. Love their actions and triggers!

I am in Canada so I can’t really speak to your smithing prices in the US. All I know is due to our shitty dollar right now a Mcmillan Gamescout costs $1300 with the Edge fill! 😳 hence why I went B&C for my stocks.
Another Albertan here. Thinking about maybe a 6.5-06 or a .280ai with my M695. Wondering if I can ask you some questions on the side. For some reason I'm not sure how to start a dm.

khuber84

WKR
HCA summit contour, 1/8 twist 7/08 cut at 23.5. Such a sweet shooter so far! I'll be posting a review some time later this fall so keep your eyes open!
5053ba90e70fe1c0e4f4bc4d2ec73844.jpg
df2d97b386292ae095ba93843e4c0a0d.jpg

How do you like the summit barrel? Looks like you kept it as long as possible and Mike builds em at 23.5 and designs them for 23" finished. Reason I asked, Mike has a summit contour 30cal 1:9.5 that will be a 300 wsm pretty soon. I will ask him to try keep it at 23.5". Did Mike rebarrel your Tikka? Thanks!

Jon Boy

WKR
How do you like the summit barrel? Looks like you kept it as long as possible and Mike builds em at 23.5 and designs them for 23" finished. Reason I asked, Mike has a summit contour 30cal 1:9.5 that will be a 300 wsm pretty soon. I will ask him to try keep it at 23.5". Did Mike rebarrel your Tikka? Thanks!
I think you're right with it actually finished at 23. I kept it as long as I could. And yes Mike did the work and install on it. Cant say enough good things about him and his work.

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider

Do you recall what the bare weight was of that stock? I just ordered my first Tikka in 7 rem mag (have some left over 7mm ammo). Going to build it into a 6.5 PRC after this hunting season and looking at that stock.

86Chevy

Lil-Rokslider
Do you recall what the bare weight was of that stock? I just ordered my first Tikka in 7 rem mag (have some left over 7mm ammo). Going to build it into a 6.5 PRC after this hunting season and looking at that stock.
No I don't, its so light that I thought the box was empty when it showed up

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
My latest....

• Caliber: 30 Nosler
• Action: Tikka T3x
• Barrel: 26” Proof Sendero Lite 1:10
• Stock: Manners EH1-A
• Bottom Metal: RedSnake nEXTgen TRG Bottom Metal
• Cerakote: Tungsten (action and stock)
• Scope: Tangent Theta 5-25 with Spuhr one piece mount

316f0e4c-78eb-4531-96b2-0d52afdddb3b.jpeg
What's your end dollar on somthing like this?