Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Centerfire rig is this T3x CTR in a MPA Tungsten color chassis. Scope is a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56. Rings are Seekings, bipod is QR Atlas, suppressor is a Silincerco Specwar 7.62.

IMG_20191206_154204.jpg

Rimfire rifle is a T1x in a KRG Bravo stock. Scope is a S&B PM II 12-50x56. Barrel is an IBI with Win 52D chamber.

IMG_20200111_195848.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
Centerfire rig is this T3x CTR in a MPA Tungsten color chassis. Scope is a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56. Rings are Seekings, bipod is QR Atlas, suppressor is a Silincerco Specwar 7.62.

View attachment 181832

Rimfire rifle is a T1x in a KRG Bravo stock. Scope is a S&B PM II 12-50x56. Barrel is an IBI with Win 52D chamber.

View attachment 181836
Damn, a Schmidt on a .22 is wild.

Mpmoody15

FNG
Got my barreled action back from Axisworks today.
q5HiLov.jpg

Proof stainless prefit 300WM
Red Snake Tactical bottom metal
Everything else is stock

No other plans besides possibly switching out to some lower rings and rattlecanning the stock.

Last edited:
OP
ndbwhunter
Got my barreled action back from Axisworks today.
q5HiLov.jpg

Proof stainless prefit 300WM
Red Snake Tactical bottom metal
Everything else is stock

No other plans besides possibly switching out to some lower rings and rattlecanning the stock.

How are you liking the redsnake? I'm on the fence between the mountain tactical and the redsnake.

Mpmoody15

FNG
How are you liking the redsnake? I'm on the fence between the mountain tactical and the redsnake.

Seems decent. Inletting into the factory stock was fairly straightforward with a dremel and file.

Playing with Berger 215gr hybrids at about 3.59" coal and they fit in the mag....only problem is the nose of the actual bullet likes to hang up on the front bottom of action. I might have to go shorter or switch to a lighter bullet.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Not very custom but I’m bored so figured I’d throw this on here, T3X 7mm Rem Mag. Factory except for a vertical grip, limbsaver, and a sponge paint job. Waiting on rings to show up and it will be getting topped off with a 6x SWFA. Short term it will be getting something different for the bolt handle, new bottom metal, and a Matthews Fabrication Cheek riser. Long term it will be getting rebarreled to a 7 SAUM and dropped in something a little fancier for a stock.

View attachment 176469

I curious to see how this works out for you. FNG here and part of what got me to the forum is that I'm doing, literally, the same thing...well, minus that kick ass paint job. My T3x Lite S/S in 7mm Rem Mag is in the mail somewhere right now. I'm debating on running it with the factory tube or just rebarreling right away. The stock options are where I'm stuck more so than anywhere else, at the moment. Though...with that vertical grip, some stabilizer and bedding, and cutting down the LOP to around 13"....might be serviceable as is.

Rob5589

WKR
I curious to see how this works out for you. FNG here and part of what got me to the forum is that I'm doing, literally, the same thing...well, minus that kick ass paint job. My T3x Lite S/S in 7mm Rem Mag is in the mail somewhere right now. I'm debating on running it with the factory tube or just rebarreling right away. The stock options are where I'm stuck more so than anywhere else, at the moment. Though...with that vertical grip, some stabilizer and bedding, and cutting down the LOP to around 13"....might be serviceable as is.
The vertical grip really transforms how the gun feels and holds. A great addition for about 20 bucks.

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
The vertical grip really transforms how the gun feels and holds. A great addition for about 20 bucks.

I’ve said it a few times before but in my opinion with the vertical grip and a limbsaver you can make the factory stock pretty nice. I’m pretty sure the code #CSPRO156 on Beretta will still get you the grip for 12 bucks with free shipping.

Over time I will continue to modify this rifle just because I can’t help myself but I’m sure it will be a slow process since I like it so much as is and it doesn’t really need anything.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Dang...just a few minutes too late seeing this. Cost me an extra 10 bucks on the grip and shipping, but I’ll live. Ordered a limb saver and a trigger spring as well. If I can get the LOP dialed in, I think I’ll be in good shape.

I might end up running the factory barrel for bit because I find parting out guns tedious and there is no comparison between price and availability of 7mm RM vs. 7mm SAUM. Also, I admit to being curious about how the CHF stock tube will shoot and what speed I’ll see.

Who doesn’t like a test of manliness every time it goes bang? 😂🤣

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
Dang...just a few minutes too late seeing this. Cost me an extra 10 bucks on the grip and shipping, but I’ll live. Ordered a limb saver and a trigger spring as well. If I can get the LOP dialed in, I think I’ll be in good shape.

I might end up running the factory barrel for bit because I find parting out guns tedious and there is no comparison between price and availability of 7mm RM vs. 7mm SAUM. Also, I admit to being curious about how the CHF stock tube will shoot and what speed I’ll see.

What scope are you planning on running?

Rob5589

WKR

The downside to the factory barrel is the slow twist if wanting to use long bullets. Other than that, they are very serviceable.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
What scope are you planning on running?

I hadn’t picked one yet...I saw the rifle for $625 from a private seller and jumped on it. I’ve been eye balling a Burris XTR 3 or Brownells MPO (3-18) - might feel a little silly stacking 2 lbs of optic on a light-ish rifle, though. Then again, might be nice to have the extra weight...still only a 9 lb package. My last 7RM wore a 4-16.

Re: twist - short term, I could live with slow twist and light weight. I‘ve been away from 7s for a while, so not in a hurry to get my AMax (yup...that old), SST and Matrix stuff loaded. Would the 9.5 do the Barnes 139 grain LRX? Most of the hunting here (GA for the time being) is short range - longer range would be fun only near term.

ETA2: comically, I just got rid of a bunch of H1000 and 7mm RM during my last move...ah, the fates do have a sense of humor.

Last edited:

DarylG619

FNG
I’ve said it a few times before but in my opinion with the vertical grip and a limbsaver you can make the factory stock pretty nice. I’m pretty sure the code #CSPRO156 on Beretta will still get you the grip for 12 bucks with free shipping.

Over time I will continue to modify this rifle just because I can’t help myself but I’m sure it will be a slow process since I like it so much as is and it doesn’t really need anything.
Thanks for the heads up, code still works.

Rob5589

WKR
I hadn’t picked one yet...I saw the rifle for $625 from a private seller and jumped on it. I’ve been eye balling a Burris XTR 3 or Brownells MPO (3-18) - might feel a little silly stacking 2 lbs of optic on a light-ish rifle, though. Then again, might be nice to have the extra weight...still only a 9 lb package. My last 7RM wore a 4-16.

Re: twist - short term, I could live with slow twist and light weight. I‘ve been away from 7s for a while, so not in a hurry to get my AMax (yup...that old), SST and Matrix stuff loaded. Would the 9.5 do the Barnes 139 grain LRX? Most of the hunting here (GA for the time being) is short range - longer range would be fun only near term.

ETA2: comically, I just got rid of a bunch of H1000 and 7mm RM during my last move...ah, the fates do have a sense of humor.
Berger has a stability calculator. I just looked up the LRX for mine and it showed the 139 as marginal at sea level. 1000 ft and above it was fine.

I might end up running the factory barrel for bit ...

Unless you have very specific requirements I’d definitely give the factory barrel a fair chance. My 7mag shoots 168gr Berger’s (HSM and Federal) really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2CA5D21-87CE-44A9-91C0-EF80D9213EFF.jpegFinally threw together my custom tikka build!
Carbon Six pre fit barrel chambered in 6.5 PRC and finished at 22 inches
Bored the original stock out to float the sendero contoured barrel and then duracoated it in duracoats mystery color from this year. I’ll be throwing a Mesa precision stock on this gun next year but for now I’m hoping this stock will get the job done. Was shooting for 6.5lbs without a scope and ended up up at 6lbs 7oz so I’m happy with that part. I’ll post updates once I get the scope mounted and throw some rounds down range. Everything including purchasing the donor rifle and the gunsmithing was under $1250 so not bad for a “budget” carbon fiber build on a stainless action. 3FE511E5-B6FE-4289-924F-75652ECC77EC.jpeg

Attachments

• EAAC24CD-65DD-44CF-A07A-F608E88EE7ED.jpeg
    EAAC24CD-65DD-44CF-A07A-F608E88EE7ED.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 97

tperkins

Lil-Rokslider
Switched things up a bit on my 6.5 Creedmoor. Ditched the Mesa Precision stock, just didn’t fit me well. It now sits in a KRG Bravo with a Whiskey-3 fore end. Did the Cerakote myself, Patriot Brown and Graphite Black. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

D8743E02-AE78-45D1-B3AE-7F525182AE93.jpeg3AB0F7F4-BA54-4EA8-AFB0-0F9D16655DD1.jpeg14C5E546-C0F5-4BF2-ABF4-45A32AB4F0CF.jpeg

View attachment 184325Finally threw together my custom tikka build!
Carbon Six pre fit barrel chambered in 6.5 PRC and finished at 22 inches
Bored the original stock out to float the sendero contoured barrel and then duracoated it in duracoats mystery color from this year. I’ll be throwing a Mesa precision stock on this gun next year but for now I’m hoping this stock will get the job done. Was shooting for 6.5lbs without a scope and ended up up at 6lbs 7oz so I’m happy with that part. I’ll post updates once I get the scope mounted and throw some rounds down range. Everything including purchasing the donor rifle and the gunsmithing was under $1250 so not bad for a “budget” carbon fiber build on a stainless action. View attachment 184326

This makes me excited for what I’m trying to finish up. My stock and barrel for my tikka will be here in less than a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR