Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Axial Precision users: What pillars did you install?

I’m waiting for my Carbon Six barrel to arrive and install...
Not sure of the specifics of the ones they use but they send pillars with the stocks.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200710165733997_COVER.jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200710165706472_COVER.jpg
7SAUM chambered to my dummy round @ 3.150 COAL (180 ELDM'S)
This is not my MBM Beast brake it was supposed to have installed, it's missing my Hells Canyon mag that was sent with dummy rounds. Mountain Tactical 20moa base, Yo Daddy trigger spring 2lbs, Leupold Mark5HD, AG Alpine Hunter stock.
Next it will get the bolt spiral fluted.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
There’s some awesome looking rifles in this thread, and this isn’t much of a “build” but it’s got some aftermarket goodies.
Tikka T3x 6.5 needmoor with an Axial Precision stock (with a shorter lop to fit my wife better), High Desert Rifle Works bottom metal and LRI fluted bolt. Topped with a Zeiss v4 4-16x44. EB83FC9D-6F98-4C83-B1A0-2E6265E9AC10.jpeg

Ram94

WKR
Just finished this project up today.

Tikka T3x Superlite 7mm-08
Mesa Precision Altitude Stock
Mountain Tactical Bottom Metal
Fluted Bolt
Yodave Trigger Spring
Long Action Magazine/Bolt Stop
Sportsmatch Rings
Nightforce 3-10x42 SHV

58d1bcd44c1d25178cb3c8b96353dc6a.jpg

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished this project up today.

Tikka T3x Superlite 7mm-08
Mesa Precision Altitude Stock
Mountain Tactical Bottom Metal
Fluted Bolt
Yodave Trigger Spring
Long Action Magazine/Bolt Stop
Sportsmatch Rings
Nightforce 3-10x42 SHV

58d1bcd44c1d25178cb3c8b96353dc6a.jpg
Nice setup. What COAL bullets are you running to make you need to go the LA route.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ram94

WKR
Nice setup. What COAL bullets are you running to make you need to go the LA route.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Shooting Hornady 162gr. ELD-M. I’m not sure the COAL, I’m using CBTO...but they’re just a bit too long for the SA mag. The M+ mag would probably be perfect but I got a good deal on a LA.

magedon44

FNG
Yes it's 6.5# these stocks are not light by any means at 29oz, I'd like to fine a better option. Perhaps the wildcat composites long range, believe it's 21oz.

The Mesa stocks are advertised at 1.5 lbs. anyone else have any actual weights on them in the tikka version?

Ram94

WKR
Mine weighed in at 31.7oz including the SS recoil lug. This if for a factory sporter barrel. Gained 2oz from factory stock. I’m not sure what a recoil lug weighs...

Man all of these look fantastic!

I’ve got to admit, it’s hard to not drink the kool-aid on these Tikkas.

For those of y’all who’ve gotten a Tikka and customized it a bit, do y’all really love tinkering or is it just because the rifle as it comes doesn’t fit the need/niche you’re looking to fill? Anyone wish they just bought a “semi-custom” rifle outright? To get it set up the way just you want it, what’s the average cost?

Ram94

WKR

For those of y’all who’ve gotten a Tikka and customized it a bit, do y’all really love tinkering or is it just because the rifle as it comes doesn’t fit the need/niche you’re looking to fill? Anyone wish they just bought a “semi-custom” rifle outright? To get it set up the way just you want it, what’s the average cost?

I was shooting a CA Ridgeline when I decided to sell it to fund building up a Tikka. I’m very satisfied with how it turned out. Lighter, shorter, better action, more comfortable and did it for the same price +/- as what I sold the Ridgeline for. The tinkering and research was fun too.

I've come to hate tinkering because it is a time suck. I only did it to get exactly what I wanted for a certain application (Action/magazine length, barrel twist/length/contour/threads, chamber spec, stock fit).

If there were a semi custom that fit the specs I wanted I'd go that route every time.