Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
just got my T3x back from the smith. Turns out my new Mesa Precision altitude stock would contact the bolt at full open.
My smith contacted the owner of AG composites and asked if he could clearance part of the stock.

the work looks great but I’m a little sour this even needed to be done. any other Mesa owners have this problem?

Attachments

• 47F5493A-89A6-4E48-8D78-CA109AEA8E3C.jpeg
    47F5493A-89A6-4E48-8D78-CA109AEA8E3C.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 3CF4C357-4912-4366-B672-003A498FB59D.jpeg
    3CF4C357-4912-4366-B672-003A498FB59D.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 281

BjornF16

WKR
Here is my newest project.
280 Ackley Improved
1:8 Proof Sendero light contour
AG Composites CF stock
Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x50
Little Bastard gen 3 brake
How much does the bare rifle weigh? How long is that barrel?

I'm wanting a 280 AI...just trying to figure out how to get a sub 6 lb Tikka.

just got my T3x back from the smith. Turns out my new Mesa Precision altitude stock would contact the bolt at full open.
My smith contacted the owner of AG composites and asked if he could clearance part of the stock.

the work looks great but I’m a little sour this even needed to be done. any other Mesa owners have this problem?
That looks like a mistake to me on the stock. I have a Mesa Altitude stock on my 6.5 PRC Tikka and don't have that issue

CTR

Lil-Rokslider

Mine came from the factory with a little flat spot for the bolt, I'm in SD pheasant hunting right now but I'll send pics of how my Mesa stock came when I get home, I didn't have to do any altering or anything

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

renagde

WKR

Something doesn't look right. Does your tang sit flush? The picture almost makes it look like it's sitting proud.

ETtikka

WKR
Just finished up my 6.5 creed super light

-Barrel cut to 22”
Threaded

-MBM 3 port .800” OD brake timed and tapered to barrel

-Bolt fluted by LRI

-Lumley Ti & Carbon bolt handle

-Mountain Tactical bottom
metal and trigger spring

- Axial Precision stock bedded by axial with Area 419 ARCA plate and Javelin gunsmith bipod adapter

- Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 in Sportsmatch rings

I absolutely love this rifle. Took it out on Saturday and was able to zero and get dope to 520. Can spot impacts and the stock feels great.

Weights just under 8lbs with an empty mag

ebd64e8a4e79145a3c8aa637e7acbbae.jpg
e44021d7d3cf712a15c041cc4c95cc9d.jpg
d0c9ef40a3bae2232fc2e26106868839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much clearance between scope and barrel with that combo, we’re you able to get scope back enough?

brushape

WKR
Just finished up my 6.5 creed super light

-Barrel cut to 22”
Threaded

-MBM 3 port .800” OD brake timed and tapered to barrel

-Bolt fluted by LRI

-Lumley Ti & Carbon bolt handle

-Mountain Tactical bottom
metal and trigger spring

- Axial Precision stock bedded by axial with Area 419 ARCA plate and Javelin gunsmith bipod adapter

- Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 in Sportsmatch rings

I absolutely love this rifle. Took it out on Saturday and was able to zero and get dope to 520. Can spot impacts and the stock feels great.

Weights just under 8lbs with an empty mag

ebd64e8a4e79145a3c8aa637e7acbbae.jpg
e44021d7d3cf712a15c041cc4c95cc9d.jpg
d0c9ef40a3bae2232fc2e26106868839.jpg

That is one awesome looking setup right there

I have 2. My most recent is hitting as well, but just barely. In fact, I can tell that they sanded it some before delivering it to me. My bolt rubs. I'll be relieving it a bit more myself.
My first stock doesn't hit, but my action is actually sitting too proud in that one- so, much that the bolt runs over the top of the upper cartridge in the mag. Gotta get the inlet lowered some.

khuber84

WKR
I bought a t3 in 300wsm today, the barrel was chopped to 19.5 inches and has a bit of surface rust. Because of this I got a good deal. It’s stainless.
I’ll test it out hunting this year to see if I like the cartridge.
But I’m thinking a Carbon Six barrel 22” in 300wsm and a aftermarket stock maybe Wildcat composites.
Do you guys think I can get it close to 6lbs for just the bare rifle?

I want a rifle I can do it all with, from WT -Yukon Moose. So I like the idea of the 300wsm but what other cartridges should I consider in this action? I think the 6.5 prc fits well? Obviously not as good for moose though.
Thanks.
I look forward to figuring this build out.
I have a tikka t3 300wsm done by HCA. It has a 23" carbon summit barrel, bedded to a Mesa altitude stock. It weighs 6.5# with factory bottom metal/plastic and the aluminum HCA magazine. To get to 6# on a bare Tikka, a pencil or light contour fluted barrel is needed, or a wildcat composites 19oz stock. I have a superlite 6.5 creedmoor with a 24" 'barrel. My plan is to chop to 22" have the barrel reamed to 6.5prc, open bolt face and drop into a wildcat stock. This will give me what I'm hoping as a 5.7# bare rifle. Will top it with a vortex razor hd lht 3-15x42 to bring total weight to right around 7#. Will be a 500y max hunting gun. Super light rigs don't shoot that well at long distance.

khuber84

WKR
I have 2. My most recent is hitting as well, but just barely. In fact, I can tell that they sanded it some before delivering it to me. My bolt rubs. I'll be relieving it a bit more myself.
My first stock doesn't hit, but my action is actually sitting too proud in that one- so, much that the bolt runs over the top of the upper cartridge in the mag. Gotta get the inlet lowered some.
Both of my Mesa stock have rubbed my sterk titanium straight pineapple bolt handles. My ag composites alpine hunter, same thing. I just get the dremel out ans clearance the bolt cut to fit ans get a sharpy out and paint the inletting black. If it was a factory bolt handle, there would be no issue. However a longer aftermarket bolt is easier to manipulate and reduces bolt lift via more leverage. I have 5 semi custom tikkas, they all shoot well, for a non long magnum build, I wouldn't go anywhere else if budget is any concern.

How much clearance between scope and barrel with that combo, we’re you able to get scope back enough?

Scope bell clearance is close but sufficient, no risk of contact under recoil. The scope is almost as far back as it can be without getting too close to the bell and still utilizing the recoil pin, it is perfect for me, but close to its limits. Glad it worked out, or it would be rail and rings. The scope height/cheek weld is perfect as well.

That is one awesome looking setup right there

Thanks, I think so too.

I really want to do a 300wsm with carbon barrel and a NX8 but my Fierce fury 300wm would get jealous.

I wonder if I could bet Axial/alltera to inlet their stock for the fierce action? It’s a sako clone I believe.