WKR
18" Tikka T3 300wsm
Talley Rings
Heavy ass Nikon Monarch 3
VG6 300blk muzzle brake
7.5lbs empty
7.7lbs w/brake
7.10lbs loaded w/brake

This rifle has always shot .75moa 5 shot groups with Federal 180AB. I've been looking for stock options going on 4yrs but it keeps on killing everything I point it at! Btw the brake is off because it's not nice to others at the range.

Attachments

• 16163892709796551337700616313507.jpg
    16163892709796551337700616313507.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 183

AkRyan

WKR
My daughter's T3x compact 7mm-08
Leupold freedom 3x9
Talley Rings
6.14lbs

Shoots a solid 1moa with 140AB and it has taken the name "heart breaker" because it seems to always get heart shots.

Buck197

WKR
Finally assembled.

Tikka T3 Action - donor action came cerekoted in gunmetal.
Proof Sendero Prefit. 6.5 PRC @ 24"
Yo Dave Trigger Spring - Trigger at ~1.9 lbs
Hells Canyon Magazine
Mountain Tactical Long Action Bolt Stop
Bolt fluted by LRI
Mesa Precision Stock
Griffin Armament Taper Mount Paladin 2Muzzle Brake
Zeiss V4 4-16 on Tally Mediums (will probably switch to low)

Caught a weather window to go put some factory ammo down the tube. Both the 147 gr and 143 gr Hornady ammo shoot under .5 moa. Can't wait for some warmer weather to see what this rifle can do. I am really surprised how easy it is to put a rifle like this together. I am not a gunsmith by any means, but the only help I had was removing the barrel and screwing on a new one and they checked headspace.

View attachment 141718

View attachment 141720

View attachment 141719
what's this thing weigh? I love it, looks great

18" Tikka T3 300wsm
Talley Rings
VG6 300blk muzzle brake
7.5lbs empty
7.7lbs w/brake
7.10lbs loaded w/brake

This rifle has always shot .75moa 5 shot groups with Federal 180AB. I've been looking for stock options going on 4yrs but it keeps on killing everything I point it at! Btw the brake is off because it's not nice to others at the range.
What's the reasoning behind the barrel length and how do you like it? I've never had anything custom or really fancy before and researching that lately, but I don't think I've seen anything under 20".

Thanks, and that's a slick setup. I've been looking at that caliber hard for my next purchase.

AkRyan

WKR
What's the reasoning behind the barrel length and how do you like it? I've never had anything custom or really fancy before and researching that lately, but I don't think I've seen anything under 20".

Thanks, and that's a slick setup. I've been looking at that caliber hard for my next purchase.
We hunt in thick brush and use 4 wheelers allot. A long barrel just gets in the way of things. My rifle can go on the front rack of any full size wheeler and most medium without hanging over either side, when I have it slung the barrel is below my head so it doesn't get hung up on branches or low hanging/fallen trees when I go under them. My velocity now matches a 30-06 and the rifle performs exactly how I want it to.

18" Tikka T3 300wsm
Talley Rings
VG6 300blk muzzle brake
7.5lbs empty
7.7lbs w/brake
7.10lbs loaded w/brake

Have you chronod those loads? I'm a real big fan of short barrels and the 300wsm has my eye.

RogerNH

FNG
Mike at Hell's Canyon Armory will be doing a build for me using my stainless Tikka action. This is what I ordered:
• 22" finished length HCA Summit CF barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor (1:8" twist)
• AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock (carbon sage) and bedding the action
• HCA's Tikka bottom metal
• Bolt fluting
• All metal Cerakoted FDE H-265

Mike gave me a delivery estimate of 8 months. If this rifle is a shooter, I'll probably be ordering another rifle with the same options but in 300 WSM. When I get the rifle back, I'll install a Warne Mountain Tech picatinny rail, Nightforce Ultralite rings, and a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 x 42 scope.

AkRyan

WKR
Mike at Hell's Canyon Armory will be doing a build for me using my stainless Tikka action. This is what I ordered:
• 22" finished length HCA Summit CF barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor (1:8" twist)
• AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock (carbon sage) and bedding the action
• HCA's Tikka bottom metal
• Bolt fluting
• All metal Cerakoted FDE H-265

Mike gave me a delivery estimate of 8 months. If this rifle is a shooter, I'll probably be ordering another rifle with the same options but in 300 WSM. When I get the rifle back, I'll install a Warne Mountain Tech picatinny rail, Nightforce Ultralite rings, and a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 x 42 scope.
I have to ask...why a cf barrel? Tikka barrels are actually lighter than equal length cf barrels and there accuracy is pretty damn solid. Just my thoughts

RogerNH

FNG
I have to ask...why a cf barrel? Tikka barrels are actually lighter than equal length cf barrels and there accuracy is pretty damn solid. Just my thoughts
I need a threaded barrel for my suppressor and I didn’t want to chop and thread the Tikka barrel. I thought about doing everything myself but after buying tools and a Proof barrel, it was about the same. Might as well have a professional do it.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
No I haven't and I even have one lol I don't get caught up in numbers tbh. My guess would be it's very close to a 30-06 but handles like a .22
Have you shot it much without a brake? I too have a T3 WSM with a 20" barrel, the previous owner had the factory barrel shortened down. I too like how it handles, easy to carry in my hands most of the day. But I can't use a brake when I'm still hunting and it kicks like... well it kicks.

AkRyan

WKR
Have you shot it much without a brake? I too have a T3 WSM with a 20" barrel, the previous owner had the factory barrel shortened down. I too like how it handles, easy to carry in my hands most of the day. But I can't use a brake when I'm still hunting and it kicks like... well it kicks.
I actually just put the brake on after hunting season this year. I have shot my short 300wm with and without and it made it feel more like a .308. Imo the recoil is the same as when the barrel was 22" you just get a bit more muzzle rise because you don't have as much counter weight out front. Have you put a limbsaver recoil pad on it yet? You could also look at brakes with smaller ports to just tame it down a little.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I actually just put the brake on after hunting season this year. I have shot my short 300wm with and without and it made it feel more like a .308. Imo the recoil is the same as when the barrel was 22" you just get a bit more muzzle rise because you don't have as much counter weight out front. Have you put a limbsaver recoil pad on it yet? You could also look at brakes with smaller ports to just tame it down a little.
You're right, it was more the muzzle rise that was off-putting for me. When I would shoot it would feel like the rifle wanted to twist out of my hands. I caught myself with the scope a couple of times. I never put a limbsaver on as my shoulder was fine.