Scottyboy

WKR
Here's my latest.

Chambered in .308 Win
20" PROOF barrel (1:10)
Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 w/ Talley lightweight rings
McMillan Game Hunter w/ EDGE fill
Mountain Tactical bolt stem/knob and bottom metal
Bolt fluting, cerakoting (H-234 Sniper Grey), and barrel install by Kampfeld Customs

Rifle and scope is 7.5 lbs, suppressor and bipod bring it up to 9 lbs.

Still breaking in the barrel, but I'm hoping it likes the 150gr TTSX because that's what I'm planning on shooting. I have a VX5-HD I might put on here, but I'm trying to keep the weight down for know.

View attachment 295211
View attachment 295212
View attachment 295213
If you are worried about the weight, you could just sell this to me! (You can keep the scope and what not) 👍💪

Is it possible to swap the factory bottom for a AICS detachable box system without changing the stock from the original factory ? Wouldnt mind having a bit better mag options without spending an extra 1K for the stock.

Spoonbill

WKR
Is it possible to swap the factory bottom for a AICS detachable box system without changing the stock from the original factory ? Wouldnt mind having a bit better mag options without spending an extra 1K for the stock.
There are a couple companies that make a replacement bottom metal. I know mountain tactical makes one but you need to remove some metal off the trigger house. Its been a few years since I looked so they may have updated the design. Redsnake tactical makes one too, may have to do some light dremel work to get it to fit, but it will work with the factory stock.

slowelk

WKR
There are a couple companies that make a replacement bottom metal. I know mountain tactical makes one but you need to remove some metal off the trigger house. Its been a few years since I looked so they may have updated the design. Redsnake tactical makes one too, may have to do some light dremel work to get it to fit, but it will work with the factory stock.

Mountain tactical is a drop in, I have three of them ranging in age and all were drop in.

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
How’s it shoot? I have a 25creed ordered from preferred barrel blanks. And what is the weight/what does that sporter contour look like compared to factory? I think I ordered a #2 sporter

Got it out to the range a couple times and found a factory load it really loves and a handload or two that I can work off of. Here’s my results with 117 gr Hornady Superformance. Sorry for the hand drawn target, I haven’t been to the store to pick up any. IMG_2477.jpg
My technique was, admittedly, not the best during my range time, but I was able to squeak out a couple really nice groupings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
Got it out to the range a couple times and found a factory load it really loves and a handload or two that I can work off of. Here’s my results with 117 gr Hornady Superformance. Sorry for the hand drawn target, I haven’t been to the store to pick up any. View attachment 296669
My technique was, admittedly, not the best during my range time, but I was able to squeak out a couple really nice groupings.

I used to print targets and all that, then I bought a big roll of 1” round orange stickers and I haven’t used anything since.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone in here try one of these? Look nice, only downside is they’re about double the price of the mtn tac magazines. I think a 10rd would be awesome for the 2231284670F-B652-439D-99DB-232093F5B2B5.png

Anyone in here try one of these? Look nice, only downside is they’re about double the price of the mtn tac magazines. I think a 10rd would be awesome for the 223View attachment 299227

I have a couple of em (hard to justify shipping on just 1) and have only used for 30-40 rounds thus far.

My Factory t3x lite 223 fails to pick up rounds about half the time with a MT 4 rounder and hasn't missed grabbing a round at all with the waters 10 round mag yet. That said, there is a lot of resistance to stripping a round from the waters mags. I haven't had time yet to tinker with it by maybe polishing the feed lips, adjusting spring tension, or other items to see if I can improve it. It is significant enough that I will not be satisfied with the magazine if I can't remedy it but I've got a feeling I will be able to.

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 298518View attachment 298519
Tikka T3x .308 win
Mesa Precision stock
Carbon6 18” magnum barrel
VX5-HD 3-15x44
Spuhr hunter mount
DeadAir Sandman-S

Just got it back from the smith last night, Barrel break in next week.
Can you tell us more about the Spuhr mount? What height is it and would there be enough clearance for a 50mm scope?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have a couple of em (hard to justify shipping on just 1) and have only used for 30-40 rounds thus far.

My Factory t3x lite 223 fails to pick up rounds about half the time with a MT 4 rounder and hasn't missed grabbing a round at all with the waters 10 round mag yet. That said, there is a lot of resistance to stripping a round from the waters mags. I haven't had time yet to tinker with it by maybe polishing the feed lips, adjusting spring tension, or other items to see if I can improve it. It is significant enough that I will not be satisfied with the magazine if I can't remedy it but I've got a feeling I will be able to.
I am having the same problem with the MT magazine I got for my daughter’s 223. I am going to take it to the range one more time and then give them a call if the issue persists. I do like the extra COAL it allows.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
Can you tell us more about the Spuhr mount? What height is it and would there be enough clearance for a 50mm scope?

Thanks

it’s the lowest mount the offer in 30mm. with the magnum profile barrel, I mic’d a fuzz over 4mm clearance. 50mm should fit nicely.

Lawnboi

WKR

Thanks

I have the shortest one as well. 50mm fits with room to spare on a factory tikka contour. I havnt moved the scope to my carbon barreled rifle but I’m guessing it will be close.
3450DD7E-9209-448C-977F-2AD9AA97E59F.jpg

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know. I will be switching to a larger contour barrel as well.

brushape

WKR
Got my barreled action back from cerakote, still waiting for my fluted bolt
44dbb50b5a6d4d028787e946b8d1514d.jpg

e867f5b7255b028ac807419d5b15cb80.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
Just ordered a manners EH1TK with their factory plastic mini chassis installed. Full length arca rail is going on it too. Went big on the barrel channel so I can use it with all the tikkas I have.

Now for the wait.