Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

does someone in here have a superlight that is cut back and threaded in the flutes area? I swear I've seen the photo somewhere but I'm having a hard time turning it up this evening.

made some budget mods when swapping scope and rings and pretty happy how it came out, (new recoil pad, ebay kydex cheek riser, mossy oak gun skin, vertical grip)
View attachment 457222

Wow you got the sportsmatch medium to fit? Guessing that’s why your scope is pushed up as far as possible? Nicely done! The high SM were way to high for my liking had to go to the Talley Low for my tenmile 3-18x50. Prefer the sportsmatch.

Wow you got the sportsmatch medium to fit? Guessing that’s why your scope is pushed up as far as possible? Nicely done! The high SM were way to high for my liking had to go to the Talley Low for my tenmile 3-18x50. Prefer the sportsmatch.
Yes I ordered both the to84 lows and meds (can't remember #) and tried the lows first and I think I'll be able to make it work with it all the way forward. My last scope was also forward like that. I triple checked it but it's just more comfortable for me that way and I haven't been scoped yet so I think I should be good

Yes I ordered both the to84 lows and meds (can't remember #) and tried the lows first and I think I'll be able to make it work with it all the way forward. My last scope was also forward like that. I triple checked it but it's just more comfortable for me that way and I haven't been scoped yet so I think I should be good

All that matters is it works for you!

I couldn’t get the T084 to work with mine which is odd as the 3-18x50 is a little bit longer than the 4-24x50. The eye box is awesome on these scopes!

Attachments

• A717416A-B929-43D5-90CD-9783E467C6EB.jpeg
    A717416A-B929-43D5-90CD-9783E467C6EB.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 139
All that matters is it works for you!

I couldn’t get the T084 to work with mine which is odd as the 3-18x50 is a little bit longer than the 4-24x50. The eye box is awesome on these scopes!
I agree. Feel like I have a little more leverage on off hand shots which I take from time to time bumping them from their beds. If you haven't gotten rid of your to84s and want to sell lmk. I couldn't resist I picked up a second discounted tenmile I'm going to put together another Tikka build in 6.5 Creedmoor here pretty soon to complement my 30-06

Here is my semi custom Tikka. Mostly a rokslide special.

SS t3x 30-284 improved
Cerakoted knob, bolt shroud, cocking indicator, and safety lever to match action
Mullerworks #3 barrel, 4 groove, 24", milspec bead blast to match action
Factory stock with vert grip and sims pad
Super high end homemade ultralight sling
Swfa 3-9 with caps
Special fingernail polish to lock in screws and make it look cool
Sportsmatch rings

Shoots lights out!! Only 55.5gr h4350 to get a 185jugg moving at ~2815fps and very consistently under 1moa for 10round groups.
IMG_20220930_104419058.jpgIMG_20220930_104409786.jpgIMG_20220924_135027405.jpg

WJS23

WKR
After this hunting season I’m thinking about redoing my t3 with a new stock and barrel. How are you guys that own the AG stocks liking them and what are you guys using for bottom metal?

After this hunting season I’m thinking about redoing my t3 with a new stock and barrel. How are you guys that own the AG stocks liking them and what are you guys using for bottom metal?

I bought an atlasworx bottom metal and thought it sucked because the metal around the bow edges was so angular and sharp it felt horrible, the color on it was very light compared to the action, and the large protruding lever to release the mag was always getting accidentally tripped by my hand while carrying the rifle. So I would not recommend that one. The high desert rifle works guard looks pretty nice although in the pictures it looks like the guard bow edges would be sharp as well. It could be smooth up pretty easily if you have any kind of metal finishing ability. I filed down the corners on my Atlas works guard and then polished it and had it cerakoted. That improved the feel and look of it greatly.

sndmn11

WKR
@TacticalWorks is a sponsor and this bottom is 7075 aluminium. There's probably a code somewhere.