Let's start working on solutions

elkyinzer

WKR
How can we get the economy back up and running and still keep the kung flu in check? I don't want to kill grandma, but I don't want to give my kids a shit sandwich either. Where is the right middle ground?

What are the protocols going to be going forward?

My personal feeling is big government gets one shot at this. At some point I think local government wins back some territory here.

Last edited:

zacattack

WKR
I think once the initial wave of infection goes through, you’ll see restrictions ease. Then it’ll probably be like many other diseases we have.

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
The economy goes down the tube every 6-10 years no matter what, so worrying about the future doesn't really apply. Our kids will have it both good and bad relative to their economic situation. Everyone runs on the same made up currency system so if one dies they all die. Obviously the people with the actual wealth and power don't want that so they'll make it work for ages to come.

This is an anomaly as far as cause. The longer the economy is shut down the longer it takes to get it back going again. People were slightly more prepared overall in 2008 (money saved) than today. Once the paycheck stops, student loans get skipped first, then financed fun gets skipped, then the car, then the mortgage/rent. Our government is on the hook for trillions in student loan debt which will trigger as large of a government default as we have seen. Car defaults were already creeping into the millions before this and the fed just purchased way more MBSs recently than they did in 2008 meaning they know another collapse there is a strong possibility. Then of course frivolous spending drops and that directly effects everything across the board.

Banks are just an extension of outside business. If the defaults are high there is less money to loan and it's much harder to get a loan to begin with. It could easily take 6-7 years to rebound like it did following the last crash. It could even take longer depending on how this goes.

If the contagion rates are correct there really is no way to do both. You either pick money or health. Sure, the vast majority will live, but if your workforce is sidelined for weeks on end and medical staff and facilities are over filled the problem gets much worse. The easiest way out of this is probably some pretty severe wealth distribution. That's not going to happen, so we wait.

JMDavies

WKR
Minnesota politicians are pushing our Governor to be realistic with what he's shutting down. They're asking for businesses with the ability to run online charges or small groups of people to get back to work. They believe that the lack of activities is pushing people to hang out in grocery stores, Home Depot and other essential brick and mortar stores. Amazingly, this is coming from both sides of the isle.
Examples:
Golf Courses-Pay online, single person carts or walk, clubhouse closed.
Hair Salons- Limit the people at any one time, sanitize the chair after each quest
Hunting Seasons- Keep them open. One or two people being active in the outdoors isn't part of the problem

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
The economy goes down the tube every 6-10 years no matter what, so worrying about the future doesn't really apply. Our kids will have it both good and bad relative to their economic situation. Everyone runs on the same made up currency system so if one dies they all die. Obviously the people with the actual wealth and power don't want that so they'll make it work for ages to come.

This is an anomaly as far as cause. The longer the economy is shut down the longer it takes to get it back going again. People were slightly more prepared overall in 2008 (money saved) than today. Once the paycheck stops, student loans get skipped first, then financed fun gets skipped, then the car, then the mortgage/rent. Our government is on the hook for trillions in student loan debt which will trigger as large of a government default as we have seen. Car defaults were already creeping into the millions before this and the fed just purchased way more MBSs recently than they did in 2008 meaning they know another collapse there is a strong possibility. Then of course frivolous spending drops and that directly effects everything across the board.

Banks are just an extension of outside business. If the defaults are high there is less money to loan and it's much harder to get a loan to begin with. It could easily take 6-7 years to rebound like it did following the last crash. It could even take longer depending on how this goes.

If the contagion rates are correct there really is no way to do both. You either pick money or health. Sure, the vast majority will live, but if your workforce is sidelined for weeks on end and medical staff and facilities are over filled the problem gets much worse. The easiest way out of this is probably some pretty severe wealth distribution. That's not going to happen, so we wait.
+1
g.png

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
How can we get the economy back up and running and still keep the kung flu in check? I don't want to kill grandma, but I don't want to give my kids a shit sandwich either. Where is the right middle ground?

There shouldn't be a middle ground. This is America. Our economy shouldn't have been shut down to begin with. As America, the government should have made "recommendations". Then as Americans, we have the freedoms and liberties to "choose" how we go about life. If one wants to barricade themselves in their homes for several months, that's their choice, and freedom to make that choice. If they want to go about business as usual, that's their choice and freedom to make that choice. If grandma wants to isolate from society......that's her choice. This used to be America, where we had the freedoms to choose to keep our businesses open and not be forced into bankruptcy by the Kingdom.

If one is truly isolating by their choice........how on earth are they going to get this virus from someone that is choosing to not isolate? If someone breaks into Grandma's house, then ya, that's a problem even without the virus.

But in the end, 10's of 1000's of people die every day in this world even without this virus. People die.......that's a fact. What's ironic is all the folks that are screaming for lives to be saved, but at the same time are also screaming for the abortion clinics to stay open. That is about as illogically messed up as one can get. If you're pro-abortion, then you forfeit your say in saving lives.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
Protocals are in the thread I posted a week ago in this General section, "Empowering advice..." by the doc in NY that runs the largest Covid 19 center.

At this rate, this will be the biggest recession since the 1930's....hold on to your assets....its going to be ugly.

_____

sasquatch

WKR
There shouldn't be a middle ground. This is America. Our economy shouldn't have been shut down to begin with. As America, the government should have made "recommendations". Then as Americans, we have the freedoms and liberties to "choose" how we go about life. If one wants to barricade themselves in their homes for several months, that's their choice, and freedom to make that choice. If they want to go about business as usual, that's their choice and freedom to make that choice. If grandma wants to isolate from society......that's her choice. This used to be America, where we had the freedoms to choose to keep our businesses open and not be forced into bankruptcy by the Kingdom.

If one is truly isolating by their choice........how on earth are they going to get this virus from someone that is choosing to not isolate? If someone breaks into Grandma's house, then ya, that's a problem even without the virus.

BEAUTIFUL POST!! I was starting to think I was the only one NOT ok with having freedoms taken away.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
Where does a person have a constitutional right to be exposed to something that could kill them cause someone else thinks their constitutional rights are more important than being safe? Especially considering the weak, the old, and those who just don't want an infectious disease?

On one hand we are seeing wonderfully selfless acts of kindness and charity, on the other folks screaming cause they are too selfish to make a sacrifice in a time of need.

sasquatch

WKR
Where does a person have a constitutional right to be exposed to something that could kill them cause someone else thinks their constitutional rights are more important than being safe? Especially considering the weak, the old, and those who just don't want an infectious disease?

On one hand we are seeing wonderfully selfless acts of kindness and charity, on the other folks screaming cause they are too selfish to make a sacrifice in a time of need.

See 14th amendment. It’s the right to travel!

As said above, and I’ll say again. IF YOU CONCERNED ABOUT BEING INFECTED YOU STAY INSIDE ON LOCK DOWN.

It’s a beautiful thing to have rights to do such a thing as an individual. But I see that means nothing to you, you’d rather mass overreach and control in the “name” of safety

“Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety”

They are letting criminal out of jail!!! Don’t kid yourself on how much they care about us all!!

Foldem

WKR

Ben Franklin - “Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety”

(n) (n) (n) @Rich M they have a constitutional right to take personal responsibility and stay home. We don't need the government to take away our liberty in the name of safety. Destroying our way of life for 99% of people because 1% of people may die.

sasquatch

WKR
Ben Franklin - “Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety”

(n) (n) (n) @Rich M they have a constitutional right to take personal responsibility and stay home. We don't need the government to take away our liberty in the name of safety. Destroying our way of life for 99% of people because 1% of people may die.

Thanks, and also it’s so far been far far far less than 1%

Rich M

WKR
Thanks, and also it’s so far been far far far less than 1%

So, what is your solution to this? Theoretically, you're right shave been trampled. The government has grossly overreached - provide a solution.

You gonna start a civil war? Throw of the yokes of tyranny!

LOL!

There is a great callousness with which you guys treat other people's lives. If it is real, a little sacrifice to save lives is not to great.

The way folks who talk statistics and numbers show they don't value life. We only lost "10,000" - it is less than 0.001% That's 10,000 mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, kids, grandchildren, etc. If it was one of your's then it would be diff. Folks don't talk like that if it happened in their own family. It's not a statistic then. Crazy aint it.

How are the older vets handling this? Do they feel that their sacrifices have been trampled or are they concerned for people in this time of need?

Back to your solution to running around crying that your rights have been trampled upon.

So, you gotta stay home a month and uncle sam is giving you extra money to ease the suffering if you lose your job.

Folks have a right not to be exposed to a virus by other folks. If this turns out to be a scam, there will be easy answers. Right now there isn't. Your solution of just letting people spread it is not an acceptable solution - too bad you can't see other people's health as having value.

sasquatch

WKR
My solutions is for people to make decisions for their OWN SAFETY, and stop wanting someone else to look after you. Take whatever risk the individual is willing to take and live with whatever the consequences are!

People do have a right not to be exposed. When they decide to hibernate inside they won’t be exposed will they? Amazing how personal choice can protect you

Also friends have been infected. However since they take care of their bodies and don’t smoke, drink, and stuff their face with double quarter pounders everyday they all got over it like a cold! People need to care for their own health best they can, and once again stop asking the medical field to reverse the damage they do to themselves. Want me to see people’s health as value? Let them value it THEMSELVES FIRST.

Why ya think we so unhealthy as a nation, one of the worst health wise?? It’s because we afford people to not care for themselves, we got you. Govt gonna supply your healthcare you don’t worry we got you. If ya keep feeding the bear sooner or later he dnt know how to hunt for himself.

Also, I ain’t getting ANY EXTRA MONEY!! I’m fortunate enough to be one of the ones that pay into the system and dnt get anything!! I’m also still working due to being in part of the refining business.

I’d rather not burn the house down to kill the rat

Have fun with ya govt check. I’m sure you complained when Obama gave out money and phones but now it’s ok. Amazing how fast a conservative changes when the money is coming to them. Also, govt can’t give anything it doesn’t take from somewhere else

Nobody stand on principle anymore. It’s why we falling behind. Won’t be long we will be 2nd or 3rd. In a time of crisis we donate our guns to be melted down and hoard toilet paper.

Last edited:
I have to go with sasquatch on this one. I've already been called selfish for it in other posts but I truly believe that each of us is capable of making our own decisions. Many of the elderly people I know, Including my nearly 90 year old grandmothers take care to not be exposed to the common flu during a normal year. The high risk group of people are the best able to stay home and self isolate because they are retired.

The selfless acts of service that are most applicable would be those of us who are young and healthy to take the time to go grocery shopping and running errands for those who cannot risk exposure. Not for the entire country to shutdown and tank the economy to save such a small number of people.

It is also laughable that suddenly everyone is a health nut in this country and expects the government to take care of us. Take for example the fact that 650,000 people die each year of heart disease in this country with a great many of those deaths related to obesity. If the COVID-19 response is to be considered a government responsibility to care for public health then why do we not also demand that the government control the diets of every american in order to save the lives of the unhealthy? After all those 650,000 people are fathers and mother and etc, etc, etc.

cnelk

WKR
Something that needs to be looked at after this is all over is the HIPPA regulations.

Right now, per HIPPA, doctors can’t discuss specific symptoms or other medical patient treatment related to the Coronavirus.

This could be very helpful in this fight against this virus.

Billinsd

WKR
BEAUTIFUL POST!! I was starting to think I was the only one NOT ok with having freedoms taken away.!!

It started with Lincoln suspending habeas corpus during the Civil War. The Federal Government has been steadily chipping away at our freedoms. We have changed as a country and most people largely ignore the Constitution. Bill

nidaho

FNG
My parents are 75 and 78 they don’t see the need for this either they are staying away from people and that includes me and the kids. They shop at the store early to avoid crowds. The social distancing is doing nothing for them they are doing it them selves. The faster this spreads to the lower risk people the better chance my parents have of not catching it.