Let's start working on solutions

sasquatch

WKR
Look, the issue isn’t necessarily having some guidelines put in place. It’s the fact the govt does not have the resources to accurately do things.
Same reason it cost them $1 to do .10ct of work.

They HAVE to make broad blanket a** rules. Which always goes overboard. That is the problem.

For instance. Stay at home orders or travel restrictions. If I’m traveling solo to turkey hunt and sleep in my truck. All alone, in the woods away from everyone, I WILL NOT HARM ANYONE.

However I can’t do that because of the bull **** blanket order!!!
That is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had to go pick up something from Walmart.

I dreaded having to go but it was needed.

What did I notice? WAY MORE PEOPLE THAN EVER THERE!!! All this bull **** has done was cause everyone to panic and actually put themselves at MORE RISK!!!

A large portion of these people were middle age, grossly overweight, driving the electric scooters while wearing their little mask!

Funny how that works! Stores are packed and empty with product!

Seems we were safer not being told all this bull and being scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a similar comment in the other thread about the amount of seniors I've seen out. Wed. I was at Lowe's and that place was hopping for this time of year and I'd guess 2/3 of them were that hi risk group. I saw it again today with the father in law. The wife's asked two days in a row if he needs anything from the store and again today he tries to get someone to take him and still trying to find a place to sit down for lunch.

Yet I feel guilty wanting to go camping?

EastMT

WKR
Yes it’s been upheld by the Supreme Court before, under the power to police under the 10th amendment. It was tried when mandatory smallpox vaccinations in 1905, again used in 1918-19. Constitutionality or lock down by local/state authorities is decided law.

Can you imagine if they institute mandatory CV19 vaccines? Seattle anti-vac’ers will self destruct in 5......4........3........

If you’re one these “hole up” folks you should be cheering for the rest of us to get out there spread the shit out of this thing and get to herd immunity so you can eventually come out.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Constitutionality or lock down by local/state authorities is decided law.

Is it decided law that the King dictating that pot shops are essential so they can stay open, but also dictating that other businesses (that really are more essential than pot shops) are not essential so they have to remain closed and potentially go bankrupt? This is the biggest problem we're having.

So it's OK for folks to head on out to the grocery store, the gas station, the post office, the pot store, and then the liquor store while spreading around the virus, just because the King commanded these businesses as essential?

*zap*

WKR
Keep in mind that this is just starting.....about 2-3 months more till all clear and then the second wave a few months later.

They expect it will stop rising in 16 days....then 7-9 weeks to settle down. But those same folks who are predicting that were caught by surprise with this....

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
Is it decided law that the King dictating that pot shops are essential so they can stay open, but also dictating that other businesses (that really are more essential than pot shops) are not essential so they have to remain closed and potentially go bankrupt? This is the biggest problem we're having.

So it's OK for folks to head on out to the grocery store, the gas station, the post office, the pot store, and then the liquor store while spreading around the virus, just because the King commanded these businesses as essential?

I agree with you that if this goes on too long, America as we know it will not exist again.

There will be civil unrest before this goes on too long. I think they know that and know that the time is limited.

Bad news is President Cuomo will sound really good to people throwing rocks and burning cars

EastMT

WKR
I would love to hear some viable solutions......

We have 3 options in my mind. Open it back up, let the system overwhelm, and roll with it.

Continue the shut down, bankrupt the US, possibly into a very severe drawn out recession/depression.

Open back up, mandate some sanitizing/masks/distance in all gathering places, eateries etc.

I think we will eventually have to settle for the last one, I don’t see a depression or letting the chips fall where they may happening.

Billinsd

WKR
Hopefully we will be through the worst of it by May, then things can slowly open back up. Best to open things as fast as possible without overwhelming the healthcare system. Hotspots will probably take longer to get back up and running. This is what I'm praying for. Bill

Rich M

WKR
I gotta say we have to agree to disagree. If we draw the line in the sand today, we stand across from each other. Is what it is. We can talk again when they try to start monitoring our health and tracking our movements via cell phones like S Korea is doing.

Still wonder why we had to redesign a testing protocol when S Korea has one that works.

EastMT

WKR
Gotta keep the 70 y/o’s with COPD penned up. They’re the ones consuming all the resources and dying.

Last stat I saw, 40% of US hospitalization in the US was age 20-54. I don’t know how many died, but that’s a pretty big number. Add in the 55-69, I’d say you are well over 50% not in the old age group with serious complications.

pk_

WKR
I gotta say we have to agree to disagree. If we draw the line in the sand today, we stand across from each other. Is what it is. We can talk again when they try to start monitoring our health and tracking our movements via cell phones like S Korea is doing.

Still wonder why we had to redesign a testing protocol when S Korea has one that works.

I gotta say. I honestly hope we don’t have to draw a line in the sand and pick a side because I still want the freedom to change my mind. 😂

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
So, what is your solution to this? Theoretically, you're right shave been trampled. The government has grossly overreached - provide a solution.

You gonna start a civil war? Throw of the yokes of tyranny!

LOL!

There is a great callousness with which you guys treat other people's lives. If it is real, a little sacrifice to save lives is not to great.

The way folks who talk statistics and numbers show they don't value life. We only lost "10,000" - it is less than 0.001% That's 10,000 mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, kids, grandchildren, etc. If it was one of your's then it would be diff. Folks don't talk like that if it happened in their own family. It's not a statistic then. Crazy aint it.

How are the older vets handling this? Do they feel that their sacrifices have been trampled or are they concerned for people in this time of need?

Back to your solution to running around crying that your rights have been trampled upon.

So, you gotta stay home a month and uncle sam is giving you extra money to ease the suffering if you lose your job.

Folks have a right not to be exposed to a virus by other folks. If this turns out to be a scam, there will be easy answers. Right now there isn't. Your solution of just letting people spread it is not an acceptable solution - too bad you can't see other people's health as having value.
I spent some time in Nam and upon returning to this wondrful country we didn't get anything but shit on.
We went suffered and yet not the VFW or any other MF org. said shit about us as we were just druggies, baby killers and POS.
We couldn't wear the uniform we proudly earned, prized and we didn't have PTSD for the shit that happened over there, so with that said remember the bigger Gov. gets the less you'll have in FREEDOMS. The more you use your rights some bitch is going to say your hurting them because they have rights(tit for tat).
I'm hoping the left and those POS' suffer more than anyone could imagine. We've lost so much because of all the rights of the left but fk'd the rights rights to be free. End of my .02

Last stat I saw, 40% of US hospitalization in the US was age 20-54. I don’t know how many died, but that’s a pretty big number. Add in the 55-69, I’d say you are well over 50% not in the old age group with serious complications.

The vast vast majority of those hospitalized have underlying health conditions regardless of age. That was my larger point.