Let's start working on solutions

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
My solutions is for people to make decisions for their OWN SAFETY, and stop wanting someone else to look after you. Take whatever risk the individual is willing to take and live with whatever the consequences are!

People do have a right not to be exposed. When they decide to hibernate inside they won’t be exposed will they? Amazing how personal choice can protect you

Also friends have been infected. However since they take care of their bodies and don’t smoke, drink, and stuff their face with double quarter pounders everyday they all got over it like a cold! People need to care for their own health best they can, and once again stop asking the medical field to reverse the damage they do to themselves. Want me to see people’s health as value? Let them value it THEMSELVES FIRST.

Why ya think we so unhealthy as a nation, one of the worst health wise?? It’s because we afford people to not care for themselves, we got you. Govt gonna supply your healthcare you don’t worry we got you. If ya keep feeding the bear sooner or later he dnt know how to hunt for himself.

Also, I ain’t getting ANY EXTRA MONEY!! I’m fortunate enough to be one of the ones that pay into the system and dnt get anything!! I’m also still working due to being in part of the refining business.

I’d rather not burn the house down to kill the rat

Have fun with ya govt check. I’m sure you complained when Obama gave out money and phones but now it’s ok. Amazing how fast a conservative changes when the money is coming to them. Also, govt can’t give anything it doesn’t take from somewhere else

Nobody stand on principle anymore. It’s why we falling behind. Won’t be long we will be 2nd or 3rd. In a time of crisis we donate our guns to be melted down and hoard toilet paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ran a business would you fire or lay off your employees who exercise their right not to be exposed?

MattB

WKR
Is it decided law that the King dictating that pot shops are essential so they can stay open, but also dictating that other businesses (that really are more essential than pot shops) are not essential so they have to remain closed and potentially go bankrupt? This is the biggest problem we're having.

So it's OK for folks to head on out to the grocery store, the gas station, the post office, the pot store, and then the liquor store while spreading around the virus, just because the King commanded these businesses as essential?

I just think he is just saying all the things you keep saying over and over and over and over..... aren't constitutional actually are.

Making emotional pleas doesn't change that.

My solutions is for people to make decisions for their OWN SAFETY, and stop wanting someone else to look after you. Take whatever risk the individual is willing to take and live with whatever the consequences are!

People do have a right not to be exposed. When they decide to hibernate inside they won’t be exposed will they? Amazing how personal choice can protect you

Also friends have been infected. However since they take care of their bodies and don’t smoke, drink, and stuff their face with double quarter pounders everyday they all got over it like a cold! People need to care for their own health best they can, and once again stop asking the medical field to reverse the damage they do to themselves. Want me to see people’s health as value? Let them value it THEMSELVES FIRST.

Why ya think we so unhealthy as a nation, one of the worst health wise?? It’s because we afford people to not care for themselves, we got you. Govt gonna supply your healthcare you don’t worry we got you. If ya keep feeding the bear sooner or later he dnt know how to hunt for himself.

Also, I ain’t getting ANY EXTRA MONEY!! I’m fortunate enough to be one of the ones that pay into the system and dnt get anything!! I’m also still working due to being in part of the refining business.

I’d rather not burn the house down to kill the rat

Have fun with ya govt check. I’m sure you complained when Obama gave out money and phones but now it’s ok. Amazing how fast a conservative changes when the money is coming to them. Also, govt can’t give anything it doesn’t take from somewhere else

Nobody stand on principle anymore. It’s why we falling behind. Won’t be long we will be 2nd or 3rd. In a time of crisis we donate our guns to be melted down and hoard toilet paper.

If I believed that only cavalier people like you would die from this, and all the smart people would live, I’d agree with you. If all the healthcare workers, gas station attendants, Walmart employees, etc. said “**** it, I’m staying home”, everything would work out great. Unfortunately the good people of America who are truly essential will continue to go to work and die because of idiots like you. That’s why I disagree with you. I have a feeling you live in an area not hit yet, so it allows you to be cavalier. Saying you have friends that have it, and have cold like symptoms is bullshit. We all know no one is being tested with cold like symptoms. Only simple minded fools like you say shit like like. Good luck with yourself. Hopefully this never really hits home for you, and you can tell yourself you were right all along.

Rmauch20

WKR
I honestly don’t believe they have one yet. I don’t think anyone has a plan. Take Kansas’s Stay at home order, it is set to expire on the 19th yet peak cases are not predicted until the 26th. Doesn’t make sense. The decision to close school buildings, again they had no clue on how schools were suppose to make that work. It seems like it’s just one knee-jerk reaction after another.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
I live in some what rural KY. I am 69, in reasonably good health, and I am retired. I do stay home most of the time. I see both sides of the arguments presented. I do value freedom and I do value good health. I have children and grandchildren that I love and would die for. My dad is 88 and is at high risk. He was staying at home self isolating before this virus started.
Much has been publicized about the death rate of this virus. What is the death rate of humans in general. I suggest to you that we all have a 100% death rate. I am a Christian, I believe that a better life awaits after this life is over. I heard a sermon once where the pastor ask people to notice the dates on tombstones. He said what matters is not the date of birth nor the dated of death. What matters most is the dash between them. People make your dash count for more than self. No government on earth can provide anything for you that it can't as easily take away. We all need to take responsibility for our own health.... and others. GOD BLESS

Jauwater

WKR
If no one is being tested for COVID without symptoms of it then how are people who have been tested positive for COVID claim to not have any symptoms from it at all? How did they get tested in the first place? That NBA player comes to mind, but I know I’ve heard / read of more cases then just that guy claiming no symptoms. I’m seriously curious, this isn’t a ”gotcha“ response. Because I’ve heard reports of people being turned away from being tested because of age, symptoms, current health.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, just spooling up on the level of ignorance, self righteousness disguised as parinoid loss of liberty and general utter stupidity some are exhibiting. For a group that hunts, there is a distinct lack of patience and regard for fellow man. Now we know who shoots skyline and where gut shot comes from. You got your tag, you got your rights and to be damned with the rest of you. Particularly when no one is watching.

There is something distinctly wrong with people who can't last thru 90 days of discomfort and restricted movement in trade for a future that still gives America a fighting chance. If your shallow self focused self could pause and recognize just how bad this problem is, it isn't about you missing one season. It is the ultimate conservation ethos only this time it's not sheep and elk. God gave us choice.

And as to the fear of loss of job and lack of money to get thru this short term, take a good hard look at your big screen and toys, then ask the guy in the mirror, is he really making smart decisions? Never too late to start.

Adversity is what teaches us all what truly matters. Hit the pause button, buckle down with humility, contribute to the greater good and understand that what is happening 1500 miles away is fully capable of landing on your doorstep and making this you or your family members last season.

Wow, just spooling up on the level of ignorance, self righteousness disguised as parinoid loss of liberty and general utter stupidity some are exhibiting. For a group that hunts, there is a distinct lack of patience and regard for fellow man. Now we know who shoots skyline and where gut shot comes from. You got your tag, you got your rights and to be damned with the rest of you. Particularly when no one is watching.

There is something distinctly wrong with people who can't last thru 90 days of discomfort and restricted movement in trade for a future that still gives America a fighting chance. If your shallow self focused self could pause and recognize just how bad this problem is, it isn't about you missing one season. It is the ultimate conservation ethos only this time it's not sheep and elk. God gave us choice.

And as to the fear of loss of job and lack of money to get thru this short term, take a good hard look at your big screen and toys, then ask the guy in the mirror, is he really making smart decisions? Never too late to start.

Adversity is what teaches us all what truly matters. Hit the pause button, buckle down with humility, contribute to the greater good and understand that what is happening 1500 miles away is fully capable of landing on your doorstep and making this you or your family members last season.

Are you saying every American has toys and big screens? That there is no poverty in America?

People are hurting already. My family is fine, but that doesn’t mean I can’t think about or have a heart for or advocate for the less fortunate.

So, what is your solution to this? Theoretically, you're right shave been trampled. The government has grossly overreached - provide a solution.

You gonna start a civil war? Throw of the yokes of tyranny!

LOL!

There is a great callousness with which you guys treat other people's lives. If it is real, a little sacrifice to save lives is not to great.

The way folks who talk statistics and numbers show they don't value life. We only lost "10,000" - it is less than 0.001% That's 10,000 mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, kids, grandchildren, etc. If it was one of your's then it would be diff. Folks don't talk like that if it happened in their own family. It's not a statistic then. Crazy aint it.

How are the older vets handling this? Do they feel that their sacrifices have been trampled or are they concerned for people in this time of need?

Back to your solution to running around crying that your rights have been trampled upon.

So, you gotta stay home a month and uncle sam is giving you extra money to ease the suffering if you lose your job.

Folks have a right not to be exposed to a virus by other folks. If this turns out to be a scam, there will be easy answers. Right now there isn't. Your solution of just letting people spread it is not an acceptable solution - too bad you can't see other people's health as having value.

Why all the "you", "they" ? You have separated people into they and them groups. We are Americans and we have freedoms. No one who is for financial security is anti kindness or emotionally detached from others health concerns. All you have done is divide groups from opinions that differ from yours.

Last edited:

IdahoElk

WKR
We can play "what ifs" and argue all day if you like BUT the facts are the economy was screwed way before this virus ever came about. The world has been on life support for quite some time depending on the Central banks and the Fed to keep it going creating the illusion all was ok by dumping obscene amounts of cash into countries and the markets(QE infinity) of this debt driven planet.

EVERYTHING has been manipulated from too big to fail, oil prices,housing,precious metals,bond market to currency,that's all fine and dandy but please don't tell me we live in a capitalistic society and since the stock market hit 30k everything was just great,it wasn't.

Fact is the country/world is systematically being shut down whether we agree with it or not.
What's coming? who the heck really knows but the projected 40% unemployment by Wallstreets heavy hitters makes me tend to believe it will be far worse and we're not just going back to business as usual.

Yeah we all agree the virus sucks but it's the perfect scapegoat to shut the system down,not the cause of this mess which is the collapse of the debt driven monetary system.

Foldem

WKR
I know my position isn’t politically correct and can come off as lacking compassion. That doesn’t mean it’s wrong or that I’m stupid or self righteous. I assure you that’s not the case. You know nothing about me or my situation, how I treat others, how I hunt, my intelligence, or what I value.

I am worried about my family, but it’s not solely financial. We have been responsible and have the savings to see us through all of this. MOST Americans do not. 70% of people in the US don’t have $400 in emergency savings. How’s this going to affect them? Are you worried about their lives or health? Let’s just print some more money and mail out checks. The government will be there to provide.

In a few months when there are 100+ (200?) million people in the US that can’t feed their families or are waiting in line for government provided rations or checks you go ahead and circle back here and let me know how that’s going. Are you worried about these people? Don’t you care about their health and lives? I hope

I am not advocating we abandon all social distancing and self isolation at all. But I’m against the government shutting down all non essential businesses, letting criminals out of jail, then dining or arresting people for leaving their homes or seeing their family.

As others have said, what’s the exit plan? When does this end? 90 days as you say? Somewhere there’s a line when the economic impact is too great. Who decides? You tell me where that is? The government is going to keep telling us, just 2 more weeks, just 30 more days, and so on. People’s tolerance for sacrifice for the “greater good” goes down every day, especially if they can’t provide for their families.

I hope this dies out soon, a successful vaccine gets developed quickly and this never comes back for ALL of us, but hope is not a plan.

I have faith in God, but not in bureaucrats and politicians.

sasquatch

WKR
If I believed that only cavalier people like you would die from this, and all the smart people would live, I’d agree with you. If all the healthcare workers, gas station attendants, Walmart employees, etc. said “**** it, I’m staying home”, everything would work out great. Unfortunately the good people of America who are truly essential will continue to go to work and die because of idiots like you. That’s why I disagree with you. I have a feeling you live in an area not hit yet, so it allows you to be cavalier. Saying you have friends that have it, and have cold like symptoms is bullshit. We all know no one is being tested with cold like symptoms. Only simple minded fools like you say shit like like. Good luck with yourself. Hopefully this never really hits home for you, and you can tell yourself you were right all along.

I live in New Orleans Buddy, so go check your facts! I’m closer and around more of this virus issue than most, and if it wasn’t for the news I wouldn’t hardly even know there’s a boogy man out there killing us all! And you right, good thing ppl like me are still going to work to keep fuels in your car and household. I guess you thought the sun kept that A/C running for you huh?

Some ppl hide in bunkers and pray, and other get out there and make things happen!

And they have been checked, so again, know wth you talking about!! Why ya may ask?? Because working in the business like I’m in the company forces them to get checked and quarantine at the first sight of feeling ill for 14 days minimum. We getting our temperature checked everyday at the work gate. To keep a business running as safely as possible, So the spoiled idiots like you that think the world can just isolate for 90days can have power and fuel.

So next time, before you talk out you a**, maybe realize you dnt know all you think you do!

I wish my company shut down! I’m in zero debt. ZERO, I never borrowed a dollar and paid for all my toys, houses, and whatever I got. Plus I do have the reserves to last a long time. I’d love a nice vacation to go hunting even more and isolate myself in the woods while you hide in your bunkers

However unfortunately I have to keep working like normal to participate in the powering of the world. So let me get back to paying taxes while you collect that tax check and pray.

Last edited: