Let's start working on solutions

Here, meats like good steak and hamburger is scarce Plenty of roasts though. Plenty of chicken. Whole and cut up. Seems like lots of pork too. Dairy is getting hammered in eggs, milk, and butter. You'd better be there when they stock it or you aren't going to get it. Canned goods were pretty bare as well. But, like your area, the fruit and veggie section looked normal.

jmez

WKR
I'm one of the few that always buys fresh fruit and vegetables at Sam's here. The big barrels of cheese puffs and frozen prepared foods are popular items.

It is amusing, you can just look at the person pushing the cart and know exactly what it is filled with.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Wyoming has the lowest death rate with zero. WV is second with 2 deaths per million. Utah is sharing a rate of 4 deaths per million people with about three other states.
Oops.
Thanks for the correction.
I saw a article the other day that said it was the lowest after WY but it obviously passed up WV and caught up to some others with the weekend reports.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Summit county is by far the highest infection per capita in UTAH, but less than half what several counties in NY are at and about a third of Rockland. And yes, probably late-to-go-home tourists, especially skiers, were the cause of that. Just like the N.B.S ski convention on March 6 in Blaine county, Idaho, helped to make that area a hot spot.

That's BS, the first cases in Blaine county in Idaho were traced to Seattle a couple of weeks before the NBS convention came to town with the other thousands of tourists from all over. A perfect storm. A virus already there, packed in a small town, with an older demographic. Blaine county has the highest per capita rate of any county in the country. But, keep blaming it on a group of black skiers that came to town like some of the local hoity toity types did in Sun Valley. It was bad enough that the mayors of Sun Valley and Ketchum wrote formal apology letters to the NBS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
What is happening. Links to the age groups being most affected would be nice
the numbers are plastered everywhere to see for yourself these days, hard to escape coverage of it seems like

the numbers are plastered everywhere to see for yourself these days, hard to escape coverage of it seems like

I truly hadn’t escaped the coverage at all. What I was attempting to do is get the guy to explain his position. He was acting as if he were the only rational opinion. Based on stats showing otherwise.

16Bore

WKR
Sounds like a lot of guys wanna lick doorknobs and be rebels. Have at it.

The economy restarts when money starts moving. Idle money does nothing.

Foldem

WKR

This article sums up how I feel pretty well. I know I'm not politically correct, and maybe not "modern", but this paragraph hits home for me the most. We are letting bureaucrats and politicians decide when they can "pause" the constitution on us. Our founding fathers have to be rolling over in their graves:

"Indeed, the First and Fourth Amendments — the provisions of the Bill of Rights that seem to be having the worst time of it, recently — serve no purpose and have no reason to exist if they can be canceled or overridden whenever the government might have a specially compelling reason to do so. It is only when the government has a specially compelling reason to violate the amendments that the amendments have any function. After all, we really don’t need them during the times that the government has no interest in infringing on them. It seems that if we toss aside our right to assembly, our right to practice our religion, our right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, etc., whenever the government insists that such protections are hazardous to our health, then we might as well not have the rights in the first place. "

Chirokyle

FNG
How can we get the economy back up and running and still keep the kung flu in check? I don't want to kill grandma, but I don't want to give my kids a shit sandwich either. Where is the right middle ground?

What are the protocols going to be going forward?

My personal feeling is big government gets one shot at this. At some point I think local government wins back some territory here.
I think we have way overstepped a person's freedoms. If you are old, sick, compromised, stay home. The country needs to get back to work. If we don't have the chance to get exposed (herd immunity) we are kicking this crap down the road and we will never open back up. Way too slippery of a slope as this government power grab is going to happen more often and with other areas...ie climate change etc

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you want to go about business as usual, fine, go ahead. Sign a release that if you get sick you don't get to take up hospital space and just suck it up and deal with it. That seems to be a common theme in each of these 125 different coronavirus threads, everyone wants other people to be expendable but not a single person has offered up which ones of their friends and family they deem expendable. Muh rights are being trampled on, grab the pitchforks!

That's BS, the first cases in Blaine county in Idaho were traced to Seattle a couple of weeks before the NBS convention came to town with the other thousands of tourists from all over. A perfect storm. A virus already there, packed in a small town, with an older demographic. Blaine county has the highest per capita rate of any county in the country. But, keep blaming it on a group of black skiers that came to town like some of the local hoity toity types did in Sun Valley. It was bad enough that the mayors of Sun Valley and Ketchum wrote formal apology letters to the NBS.

If it had been a white male ski convention, you would have said "Yep, it was foolish for them to hold that in March after Covid-19 was so widespread." Such a big deal is made about minority groups and race that it makes a mountain out of a molehill. I like black people. Some of the friendliest guys I know are African-Americans.
Please reread my post and notice theses points.
1. I didn't mention that it was an African American convention. Very few people on this forum would have known if you hadn't brought it up.
2. I didn't even say the NBS caused it, because although its likely that some of them had it, it's just as likely that some locals would have also been contagious. I said that it HELPED make the area a hotspot. It is a known fact that ski resorts all over the world have been a major source for new cases. Any extra concentration from any type of large collective reunion WILL increase the spread. Blaine county had a particular bad case, and if it had been any other group, it wouldn't have taken any more asymptomatic carriers or contagious local workers to make it equally severe.

Honestly, I thought it was commendable of the mayor to apologize. He had no substantial proof at the time that it was his community that caused it, yet he took responsibility.
To me it looks really bad for anybody to refuse an apology like that, and to try to blame the locals really does hurt their own cause, and is downright rude when they have no evidence that they didn't contribute.

(FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH POOR READING COMPREHENSION AND WHO STRUGGLE TO FOLLOW MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT, I DO NOT PUT ALL THE BLAME ON THE N.B.S. COVID-19 SPREADS QUITE EASILY FROM TOURISM. I EVALUATE NBS IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS ALL OTHER PEOPLE WHO MET FOR RECREATION IN LARGE NUMBERS IN MARCH!!)

Last edited:

sasquatch

WKR
If you want to go about business as usual, fine, go ahead. Sign a release that if you get sick you don't get to take up hospital space and just suck it up and deal with it. That seems to be a common theme in each of these 125 different coronavirus threads, everyone wants other people to be expendable but not a single person has offered up which ones of their friends and family they deem expendable. Muh rights are being trampled on, grab the pitchforks!

First where is the release

Second, this is what socialized medicine would do for you. They’d choose.

But ironically I bet you against that huh?

Leave emotions out of things and the world is much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk