Lets talk sheep scopes.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You are one of the few.

I’d wager that there are far more happy leupold users who have never had issues than there are guys who have had issues.

I’ve used leupolds for the better part of 20 years and also never had an issue. It that it can’t happen but I havnt seen it. In fact I dropped my 22 rifle squarely on the scope last year from about waist height, I was sure I’d have to re zero the vx1 rimfire, nope it was dead on. I’d never choose a leupold to dial with and I stick with the 2.5-8 models (I think I’m down to 4 of them now), never had an issue.

The shv 3-10 is a good sheep hunting scope, that would probably get my vote as I like the forceplex and can’t see the reticles on the nxs 2.5-10 for shit. An SWFA 3-9 would also make a pretty solid sheep scope, durable, dial-able and not too heavy (as if wright matters as much on scopes as guys think). Throw in a zero stop shin kit and you have a good scope.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Probably has a lot to do with two-piece scope mounts. I run with Redfield one-piece scope mounts on all my rifles and consequently, never had a Leupold scope knocked off zero from any type of impact abuse.

Could be, I’ve cracked a talley ring, I had an extra at home, pulled the scope off, replaced the ring and put the scope back on, it was pretty much dead on.

In terms of weight during Dall Sheep hunts, the vast majority of my first-time clients bring too much unnecessary items and the weight they try to shave by having a lighter rifle is mute (lol). But, they learn quick .....

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
In terms of weight during Dall Sheep hunts, the vast majority of my first-time clients bring too much unnecessary items and the weight they try to shave by having a lighter rifle is mute (lol). But, they learn quick .....
As far a weight on the hunt right now I added about a half pound with the nxs scope but I'm gonna.drop a.pound real quick with a sleeping bag change. I'm not sure about the extra stuff your talking about but the only extra piece I really wanted to take was a spotter. And if I don't have to carry a stove I feel like my kit may be very little different in weight.

As far a weight on the hunt right now I added about a half pound with the nxs scope but I'm gonna.drop a.pound real quick with a sleeping bag change. I'm not sure about the extra stuff your talking about but the only extra piece I really wanted to take was a spotter. And if I don't have to carry a stove I feel like my kit may be very little different in weight.
The extra stuff I was referring to that first-time clients always seem to bring unnecessarily, are things that are not listed on the official gear list provided to them in their individual hunt contracts.

Afhunter1

WKR
I’d wager that there are far more happy leupold users who have never had issues than there are guys who have had issues.

I’ve used leupolds for the better part of 20 years and also never had an issue. It that it can’t happen but I havnt seen it. In fact I dropped my 22 rifle squarely on the scope last year from about waist height, I was sure I’d have to re zero the vx1 rimfire, nope it was dead on. I’d never choose a leupold to dial with and I stick with the 2.5-8 models (I think I’m down to 4 of them now), never had an issue.

The shv 3-10 is a good sheep hunting scope, that would probably get my vote as I like the forceplex and can’t see the reticles on the nxs 2.5-10 for shit. An SWFA 3-9 would also make a pretty solid sheep scope, durable, dial-able and not too heavy (as if wright matters as much on scopes as guys think). Throw in a zero stop shin kit and you have a good scope.
I went sheep hunting last year and my 300wsm wore a forceplex 3-10 SHV. That is my fav hunting scope right now.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I went sheep hunting last year and my 300wsm wore a forceplex 3-10 SHV. That is my fav hunting scope right now.

I should never have gotten rid of mine. I loved it but figured I’d like the nxs 2.5-10 better so I sold the shv and bought a few of the NXS compacts. The problem was that I would constantly lose the reticle in the nxs on all but the brightest conditions. I moved on from those NXS scopes and still havnt replaced the shv.