Let's talk under armour

I was just wondering what is everyone's opinion on under armour hunting clothes I know there is a bunch of great company's out there but under armour is easy to get near me most other brands I would have to order online so I need good opinions on under armour please

I've spent too much money trying out different camo brands over the last 5 years. To be fair, I had a hard time finding what worked for me.

I'd rank UA pretty low on my preferences; overpriced, too reflective in UV. Feels like cheap Polyester and I think it is.

I know it's spendy, but First Lite merino is my favorite. The way it breathes, manages your body temp, and resists funk is amazing. I've started to wear it all year round even when I don't hunt in solid colors.

I also like Sitka for outerwear jackets when hunting and outdoors.

Still wear some rough wool outer layers too. Wool is awsome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've spent too much money trying out different camo brands over the last 5 years. To be fair, I had a hard time finding what worked for me.

I'd rank UA pretty low on my preferences; overpriced, too reflective in UV. Feels like cheap Polyester and I think it is.

I know it's spendy, but First Lite merino is my favorite. The way it breathes, manages your body temp, and resists funk is amazing. I've started to wear it all year round even when I don't hunt in solid colors.

I also like Sitka for outerwear jackets when hunting and outdoors.

Still wear some rough wool outer layers too. Wool is awsome.

I'm curious, what makes you think it reflects too much UV?

HookUp

WKR
I wear UA to dress like Eva and Cam!! Real talk UA is good stuff. They have entered a market competing with some very technical companies FL, Kuiu, Sitka, Kryptek that are raising the bar for hunter specialized gear. Including some great UA poly hoodies I own a little of everything and plan to keep purchasing the stuff I like from each company.

twsnow18

FNG
I own a grip of under armour.

For base layers, forget UA and get start collecting merino. I like UA's hoodies and pants but I only buy them when I can get them for 40% off or better.

cocky84

WKR
Love UA hoodies and sunglasses but thats about it. UA base layers stink soooo bad after a couple days. I gave all my UA base layers to a friend. Boots dont fit me well. Just bought UA running shoes and im not liking them very well either. Kuiu, firstlite and meindl for me. You are definitely paying for marketing and not quality imo.

I'm curious, what makes you think it reflects too much UV?
This:

Taken with a UV lamp, some natural light also. Next to the UA Ridge Reaper is some Cabelas soft-shell pants in Outfitter pattern. Nominally the same correct pallet but no UV reflection.

The other rectangular glowing item in that pic is a safety tag from a harness.

PARA1

FNG
I've tried UA just can't see the value in it
I've spent so much money on gear over the years and First Lite is where I have landed, base layer is smart wool don't think I will ever go to anything else outer
Is where I like the Sitka gear it seems to work well.

Holy glowing jacket Batman. I just got a Hoyt Defiant in Ridge Reaper (because no one makes fusion yet) and it's a pretty cool camo. Now I'm going to check it tonight to make sure I don't have a glowing bow (not that there's much I could do until I get it dipped in Fusion). It made me curious enough to look at UA's clothing line, although I know it wouldn't fit my freakishly long torso. My observation was that their lack of continuity in their line would make it difficult to create an entire system all in Ridge Reaper.

I don't think it's the camo pattern, it's the material that UA uses for their clothing.

You would hope, but a lot of times the film for the camo is purchased from the original manufacturer so hopefully not something in the film. You would hope this is something Hoyt thinks about with their hunting bows.

530Chukar

WKR
I've had the UA Base 3.0 layers for late season hunting in Colorado. Very warm and cuts down on the bulky layering but expensive. Beats the old thermals though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My own opinion is UA is going for the "me too" approach for high end hunting clothes. They are a huge company and probably couldn't give two shits about anything other than market share and profit. I'd rather give my money to companies that are made of hunters and who support conservation and public land efforts. First Lite and Sitka are the two that come to mind.

Murdy

WKR
There's a petition going around to boycott Under Armour due to their support for so-called "trophy" hunting, so I don't think Under Armour is the enemy.

I only own baselayers, and I will say I prefer merino (Smart Wool, Minus 33, IceBreaker, and First Lite are all good). But for day-long sits, I find the Under Armour fine, keeps me reasonably dry when I get sweated up from moving too. It will stink after a while.

Takeem406

WKR
I love their basketball ball shorts and my Gore-Tex rain gear.

I really can't say anything good about their baselayers. Unless it's waterfowl hunting and I'm not moving much. Or their sleeveless shirts for every day use as an under shirt.

I personally sweat too much for synthetic baselayers and I don't like how funky they smell after one use. I've found that wool products fit my needs better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I grew up using UA to hunt with. I switched because I started getting into serious backpack hunting. There light weight gear is expensive and I didn't like the cut of the pants. It also seems like their gear changes every year. They hardly ever sell the same pants year after year. I made the switch to Kuiu and Sitka. I ended up spending less money to buy a whole Kuiu system, then I did when I bought UA. I just watched the classifieds like a hawk and scooped up what I wanted. I also took advantage of some of their sales. I was very pleased with both Kuiu's and Sikta's lines and they outperformed the UA gear by a long shot. I ended up giving my UA system to my brother in law. After having great preforming gear in Kuiu and Sitka I don't see myself ever using UA for hunting. I do wear their t shirts around town along with some of their hoodies. Those pieces work great for what I need. My .02