Leupold 1000 TBRi for Archery?

Big Sky

Lil-Rokslider
I have this same one. It is great but the red display is hard for me to read during bright days.

Just bought the Leupold TBR1000i with DNA. Compared it with the new Leica 1600-B tonight. The Leupold:
- Most importantly for me will read horizontal distance down under 100 yds for archery use (had to use the Leica angle readout with a trig table taped on the bow quiver, but hey for $800 for the Leica you can't have it all........actually for $400 you can get it all on the Leupold)
- Cycles faster when repeat ranging (I always range several times to ensure consistent readings). The Leica is SLOOOWWWW on repeats.
- Optics are slightly darker with less color rendition vs the Leica (based on tomatoes in the garden). The Leupold is very clear though.
- Is 1.1 ounces heavier with the neck strap attached to each than the Leica
- Is slightly shorter than the Leica unit
- Reads out the angle immediately versus later on the Leica, although you don't need the angle on the Leupold since it does the trig for you.
- Read to 800 yards no problem versus 1400 yards with the Leica ranging Ponderosa pines on the mountain above the house (not an advantage to me)
- Is supposed to read 10,000 times versus 20% of that with the Leica per the owners manual
- Has a "busy" readout compared to the simplicity of the Leica
- Has already convinced me that I will sell the Leica shortly

I loved my Leica CRF1200 but am disappointed with the CRF1600-B for archery use. Leupold has designed and built a nice unit based on comparing it with my Leica for about one hour tonight.

I paid $352 from Fuddlerucks.com (through EBay).

If you go to their website it will say 399. But if you call them, just tell them you would like to have the price that is listed on Ebay.. Same day shipping, for free.