Leupold CDS Dials

mkelley12

FNG
I am doing my first Elk hunt this year in Colorado and will have a Leupold CDS scope. I am from Michigan and new to western hunting. I want to order a dial for my 300 win mag and was wondering how much elevation really matters. I am between 700 and 1000 elevation in Michigan and will be sighting it in at that elevation. I would like to have one dial for this gun and was wondering what i should get the dial set to. I do not see my self shooting more than 400 yards and from the ballistic calculators the bullet drop is not much.

What do others do who hunt at different elevations or live in the flat lands?

Thanks

LaHunter

WKR
The difference in elevation alone is not a lot out to 400 yards from 1,000 ft up to 9,000 ft above sea level, but when when you add shot angle into the equation, then you can see a more significant change in your POI.

kcm2

WKR
You're trying to hit a trash can lid under field conditions. I would not worry about the elevation difference.

Set your elevation turret for 6500 ft and temp for 35. You can buy additional turrets for different elevations later. If your shooting under 700 yards it isn't really that important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk