Leupold CDS

Cali hunter

Lil-Rokslider
does the cds stay true throughout the scopes different magnifications powers?

if I dial the scope to shoot 500yards And shoot at 4x Or 8x Do I hold the crosshairs dead on? Or do I have to have the scope on full power to use the cds

I’m not 100% I’m wording my question right. I shoot FFP scopes now so I make my clicks then can use any power zoom and hold the crosshairs dead on. Will that be the same with the leupold cds?

I’m trying to find a simple set up for the wife and my hunting application so We don’t have to look at dope card after ranging.

ericF

WKR
Your somewhat confusing two different things. In a first focal plane, the reticle changes size when you magnify as you mentioned but the actual measurement between the subtensions is always the same. On the second focal plane, the reticle always stays the same size which means the subtenstions are meaningless except for one specific spot. What you are asking about is the crosshairs and dialing. For all practical purposes, the dead center of the reticle is controlled by the dial which is irrelevant to first or second focal plane. So that answer is yes, the CDS scope or any other scope dead center is not dependant on any magnification level.

BassAssassin04

Lil-Rokslider
The center cross-hairs will stay consistent though out the range of magnification. Anything other marks on the reticle (windage, BDC, etc) will vary based on the magnification.

ffcpfef

FNG
The CDS is a great system that will definitely meet your needs. I’ve had great results with all the custom dials that I’ve ordered. Turnaround time is typically 4-6 weeks.