Leupold cracked glass

Bigforky

FNG
Evening everyone, I have a leupold gold ring spotter 12-40x60 which I have a broken eye cap (they said is user serviceable) and also I have a crack in the glass on the bell end of the spotter from my own screw up(dropped it) Just wondering if their warranty will cover my stupidity or if anyone has a rough idea what it will cost to get that repaired.
Thanks all!

Contact Leupold, I think you're going to be surprised how easy they are to work with and how well they take care of you.................at least I hope you're surprised. The only time I ever had to use a Leupold warranty was for a pair of binoculars that the eye cup wouldn't stay up on, sent 'em in, received a brand new pair 2 or 3 weeks later!

Or call 1-800-LEUPOLD

Decades ago I had a horse cartwheel down a near cliff (I got off just in time to put my hands behind me and literally dig my fingernails and heels in and stop my downward descent and watch the horse cartwheel to the bottom) with my rifle in a scabbard. The rifle looked like a banana and the Leupold that topped it was literally broken in two. I called Leupold and they offered to replace it at no cost to me. I still have that broken scope, I just could not bring myself to send it to them.

I did rebarrel the action.

The full story is rather sad, so I will save you all the long version, unless you are buying the beer (Belhaven Black if you buying).

OP
B

Bigforky

FNG
Thanks for the responses! The CS rep I spoke with assured me there would be a cost to repair it at my expense so I was hoping to get an idea before I sent it off. But maybe he was just trying to keep me honest and not abuse their warranty? Either way it will need repairing, and from what I read I will be well taken care of. Thanks guys