Leupold glass clarity

Super tag

WKR
the Leupold VX3 would easily be the best choice in that price range IMO, that scope with reticle you describe is awesome. The glass is hard to beat too, I have that scope on my yote rifle, great value, If you search you can probably find a good used one for a lot less money.

All my Leupolds in the past 25 years from have had good glass for the price I paid, in my opinion. I prefer the lighter weight of Leupold vs other brands for the scopes I use and I also like the bombproof reliability I've experienced.

Have a new VX3HD CDS ZL 3.5-10x I just put on my 35 Whelen AI. Nicer glass compared to the 20 year old VX-2 it is being swapped for and much better than the almost 30 years old VX-IIc on my 300 Win Mag.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Budgeted 2000.00 for the Browning BAR and scope, 1400.00 for the BAR and 600.00 for the scope. This may be the last hunting set up I buy, Not as spry as I used to be

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
On the Hunt for a
  • VX-FREEDOM 3-9X50 ILLUM. FIREDOT TWILIGHT HUNTER
Time to start calling individual gun shops, one store at a time, start the nearest to the farthest.
May have to look at Nevada and Arizona,
I am on the notify me when this scope is available on All online sources I could source
Well after having Turners out doors check inventory in all there stores in Ca and AZ to fiond out they have -1 in stock I went to Leupold them selves.
Hoping they will work with me on finding a dealer with the scope or they can sell me one?
@Opah https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023134667?pid=499241

real close to what you’re looking for. At least you can back order.

Rich M

WKR
All scopes in a given price range are similar - if one was notably better, it would cost more.

Leupold lost my business w that vx3i mentioned earlier. Ive got a couple bushnells, leupolds, vortex, old usa-made redfields, and leica. Sig and bushnell red dots.

Pigs are fun to shoot.

Enjoy your new scope!

I think the VX3 would be great for your application. However, if you can save up a bit more and get the VX5 I would highly recommend doing so. I love my VX5 3-15x44 firedot!

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I have or had most of the scopes above also. Good stuff.
BUT...there are some rocking values from Hawke both with firedot and with IR.

dv8pnt

FNG
I am partial to leupolds. my favorite is a vx5 hd 2x10 42mm that i bought on sale for 500 bucks 4 years ago. Wish i would have bought a few