Leupold Gold Ring 12-40X60mm

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have input on this scope? I've had little experience looking through this scope, but for the little time i was pleased. Just looking for other opinions and options as well. Thanks.

Wrench

WKR
It's a decent scope for its size. The one with the reticle would be nice when spotting for a friend. Optically there are several superior scopes....but none are as compact.

I ran that scope and it wasn't until I comparedit to my pf80ed that it went away....but I sure miss it's size and weight.

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, i like the fact of how compact and small it is. The glass didn't seem bad, but i haven't compared it to Zeiss, Kowa, or Swaro..

I tried the non HD model. It was fine. Excellent eye relief if that is important to you. I am now using the kowa 602. I think it’s a little better optically, it weighs a little less (33 vs 39oz I believe), but it’s not as compact. Also cheaper.

mike464

FNG
The 12x40 Leupold is a great system, its biggest asset is that it's small enough to pack, but good enough to spot and range animals at long distance. I got rid of a full size Leica for the Leupold, the Leica was better optically, but I was always willing to haul the smaller scope.

Big Ern

WKR
The HD version is the one to get. Optically, it is very good for the price point. The real benefit of this spotter is it’s compact size for easy packing; relatively light weight; and the eye relief is amazing. It is just super easy to get behind and spot.